Author Topic: How do I save changes to hal's brain.  (Read 2908 times)

electron

• View Profile
    • http://jggx.com
How do I save changes to hal's brain.
« on: March 19, 2004, 08:23:25 pm »
Hello,

I'm new at this and have no technical experience. I'm hoping some one can help. I need to know how I can save changes to hals' brain. I also need to know how I can ensure the changes have taken effect.

Kind Regards,

Maleak

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 10:02:35 am »
quote:
Originally posted by electron

Hello,

I'm new at this and have no technical experience. I'm hoping some one can help. I need to know how I can save changes to hals' brain. I also need to know how I can ensure the changes have taken effect.

Kind Regards,

Maleak

Hello
If you make the changes shown here you will not have to worry. All changes are made to the *.brn files, using Notepad or  something similar. Upon editing the files and before quiting just click on save. That is all there is to it.
Bill
P.S.
You never try to modify the *.exe file as it will corrupt the system and stop Hal from working.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 07:27:27 pm »
electron,
Bill819 is quite right. Notepad works fine for editing. However when you do your first file save in Notepad it will append the .txt extention onto your file. You may get a file named something like 'Haldata.brn.txt' Just rename the file to remove the .txt or Hal won't be able to use it.

That's fine for .brn files. The Hal brain itself, the .uhp file, is best edited using Hal's built-in brain editor.

=vonsmith=

electron

• View Profile
    • http://jggx.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 08:49:41 am »
Thanks guys,

I have another question. What does the compile DB button do exactly.
Many thanks