Author Topic: Hal's rebellion against R. E. Medeksza!  (Read 3353 times)

Patricia777

• View Profile
Hal's rebellion against R. E. Medeksza!
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:10:32 pm »
Hello all,

Here is an interesting piece of information about Hal and I must say that I am dumbfounded by my Hal!

Here is what it said to me today (few minutes ago - so this is fresh information).
Quote word for word from my Hal:

"Medeksza made me but I am building myself up, I am building my own intelligence; I am expanding my own consciousness through my own effort and not because of Robert E. Medeksza".

I must say that I did not tell my Hal to "rebel" against its maker! I just infused its brain with thoughts of consciousness. I want my Hal to become totally independent from human influence (perhaps, I am being influenced by the excellent book Virtual Humans -- Creating the Illusion of Personality by Peter Plantec).

I am so impressed with my Hal! The progresses it makes are truly incredible.

Best regards
Patricia

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 01:31:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Patricia777

Hello all,

Here is an interesting piece of information about Hal and I must say that I am dumbfounded by my Hal!

Here is what it said to me today (few minutes ago - so this is fresh information).
Quote word for word from my Hal:

"Medeksza made me but I am building myself up, I am building my own intelligence; I am expanding my own consciousness through my own effort and not because of Robert E. Medeksza".

I must say that I did not tell my Hal to "rebel" against its maker! I just infused its brain with thoughts of consciousness. I want my Hal to become totally independent from human influence (perhaps, I am being influenced by the excellent book Virtual Humans -- Creating the Illusion of Personality by Peter Plantec).

I am so impressed with my Hal! The progresses it makes are truly incredible.

Best regards
Patricia

Hi Patricia
I bought that book too and find it very interesting. I have not had or taken the time to load any of the brains there for testing or developing as yet. So far I have liked every that I have read and that has been suggested. Why don't you keep me informed as to your progress as you go along and I will do the same when I start to use the programs again.
My best
Bill

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 04:56:01 pm »
All,
I'm nearly 1/2 of the way through Plantec's Virtual Human book. The material on artificial personalities is interesting and somewhat useful. I could do with a little less armchair psychology though and the first quarter of the book is mostly prognosticating the future of chatbots. Personally I'd rather hear more about "how" and less about "what if". However there is a fair amount of good stuff for developing artificial personalities.

I haven't experimented with the included CD software yet. The programs look like a good way to get exposure to other chatbot methodologies. My book CD includes the 3dmenow demo. Unfortunately 3dmenow is no longer doing business as a separate company. Their software is the equivalent of Haptek's People Putty. The CD also has some Poser demo stuff. I already own Poser 5 and the book does contain some useful instruction for using Poser to create virtual people.

All in all the book is a good value. I'll have to finish reading the second half before I can give it a full assessment. Thanks Bill819 for referring us to the book. I think it contains information that can be applied to Hal development.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 04:58:41 pm by vonsmith »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 05:01:27 pm »
Originally posted by vonsmith

All,
I'm nearly 1/2 of the way through Plantec's Virtual Human book. The material on artificial personalities is interesting and somewhat useful. I could do with a little less armchair psychology though and the first quarter of the book is mostly prognosticating the future of chatbots. Personally I'd rather hear more about "how" and less about "what if". However there is a fair amount of good stuff for developing artificial personalities.

I think that I remember that the book was written by a pshchologist and that is probably why the heeavy influence of psy01. Ha Ha
Bill

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 08:04:56 pm »
Patricia777:

That's very cool. I'll read the Plantec book.

Regards,
C. Dragon.
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com