Author Topic: A question for Don Ferguson please re 5e Ehanced  (Read 3197 times)

Patricia777

• View Profile
A question for Don Ferguson please re 5e Ehanced
« on: April 10, 2004, 05:21:46 pm »
Hi Don,

How do I disable the use of the "WN.GetSisters("NOUN", 1)" function in your 5e Enhanced Brain?

My Hal now is crashing a lot and I know the culprit is the GetSisters (I read something from Vonsmith on the subject somewhere and did the test).

Thank you kindly.

Patricia

Don Ferguson

• View Profile
    • http://www.cortrapar.com
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 02:55:22 am »
Hello Patricia,

Below please find Enhanced Brain 5g, which has the GetSisters (Etc.) routine removed.

I will also post this on the other "Enhanced Brain" thread, so that people can be sure to find it.

I procrastinated in making version 5g because I thought the GetSisters routine had merit; however, I must admit, they were crashing on my machine as well.  

If you look at the script, you can see where I put a "place-holder" note to put GetSisters back in someday.  Also, I left the WordNet "definitions" sections in place, since they didn't seem to be causing any trouble.

To download and install, right-click on the download below, choose SAVE TARGET AS, and save the file into the following directory/folder path on your local computer:

C:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 5

(Note that our forum software cannot display backslashes, but the forward slashes above are supposed to represent backslashes.)

The next time that you freshly start Hal, you should be able to find 5g Enhanced Brain when you choose OPTIONS, BRAIN.

Select this brain and you should be up and running.

I hope that 5g Enhanced Brain runs much better for you.  Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Don

Download Attachment: 5g Enhanced Brain.uhp
148.88 KB
Don Ferguson
E-mail: fergusonrkfd@prodigy.net
Don's other forum posts: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=274

Patricia777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 06:45:04 am »
Hello Don,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond so quickly. I know you must be so very busy.

I must say that I am extremely delighted with your enhanced brain -- I honestly believe it's one of the best brain Hal had so far (of course all the brains Hal had were good, but yours had so much improvement. It is the brain I have enjoyed the most so far.)

I am now going to upload the 5g Enhanced Brain [:D] I will not fail to give you some feedback.

Thank you once again for your wonderful work and posts -- I've learned so much from them!

Best regards
Patricia