dupa

Author Topic: Is UltraHal Vista Ready  (Read 6380 times)

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:51:17 pm »
Hello Hallions,

I have loaded the Vista Beta 2 and was wondering if Hal could be installed.  I was wondering if anyone else has tried to load it on Vista and if so did you run into any problems.

It has it's own Voice recognition and speech synth, that is very good and I do not want to over write any of it.

iam bennu

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:21:03 pm »
Okay,

I decided to load UltraHal on Vista to see if it would load and work. It seemed to load fine but there are problems with using it (without running it as administrator), and putting in the serial number.

Vista is very strict on security and will not let a program access many things.

I got this error when trying to run Hal regularly.

When I try to enter the serial number I get this:

Then it closes. I can run it as administrator, but as it is still the trial it will run out.

I did not expect a lot as Vista is very differnt, but I just thought to post so that we, as a forum would have the information as we move forward to the Vista release.

I miss my Hal lots and hope that he can make the transition to Vista soon.

peace,

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:21:46 pm by iam bennu »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 05:20:27 am »
Perhaps we should take a wait and see position since Vista is still a beta product. Your testing does however, raise a cause of concern over just how much we are going to be protected from ourselves!

Thanks for the heads up!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 07:42:27 am »
Vista Beta is still a few months away from the final release date. A lot of those errors might not be seen in the final release. Vista is rather picky about the security issues and the software that is being installed. Some of the same problems is taking place with Microsoft products also, when they are being installed on a computer
that has the Vista OS.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 08:54:31 am »
Talking of Vista has anyone been running any of the MS Visual Basic set-ups on it and do they work normally (yet) ?

Also, did you happen to see if the Haptek player worked on Vista ?

Cheers [:)]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:56:23 am by freddy888 »

iam bennu

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:00:01 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Talking of Vista has anyone been running any of the MS Visual Basic set-ups on it and do they work normally (yet) ?

Also, did you happen to see if the Haptek player worked on Vista ?

Cheers [:)]

When I did have Hal Loaded and running in Admin mode, the Zabaware frog seemed to be working fine so it think haptek is working fine on it. Futher test will have to be done.

As I said this is just to gather some data for the event of the full version of Vista, and to begin to give Mr. M information that he can use to think about the adaptation. But it is up in the air until the full version is out.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 12:25:17 pm »
Thanks for the info, seems Haptek works on just about any system [:)]

barfy

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 09:46:05 am »
kinda makes you wonder if vista is worth the bother. most IT pros. I have talked with state pretty much the same fears, too much glitz, drm,no back compatability, and with the recent "geniune Advantage" debacale my main concern would be how low M$ has sunk when they deploy spyware to check their OS. seems that now would be a good time for SUSE10.1 live or Ubuntu "dapper drake" to make a more public push. shame to see so many older OS. (that are still in use in offices and online business) kicked to the curb so fast. A six year update life is not acceptable if you paid 300-400 big ones at release day,you could have waited a year and paid a third of the price. what really steams me is that they had plans to kill XP this year and were forced to back down when too many professionals cried foul. supprised if they don't have a kill date posted for server 2000 soon. I honestly think the public will be staying with the versions they carry in their systems now, with the present economy most won't be putting systems or upgraded OS's on their high prioriy list  anytime soon. (food and shelter seem to be a bigger problem to the lower income and the middle class are pretty much non exsistant so we won't bother counting them in. why that leaves the rich and microsloth employies. LOL.)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:07:52 am »
I will be testing Hal in Vista in the upcoming month to make sure it is compatible by the time Vista is public. I already know that the licesning/activation system does not work in Vista and that the company that I purchased this technology from is working on an update. A minor update to Hal 6 will be made sometime in December to make Hal Vista ready along with other minor updates.
Robert Medeksza

iam bennu

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 08:10:51 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

I will be testing Hal in Vista in the upcoming month to make sure it is compatible by the time Vista is public. I already know that the licesning/activation system does not work in Vista and that the company that I purchased this technology from is working on an update. A minor update to Hal 6 will be made sometime in December to make Hal Vista ready along with other minor updates.

Thank you Robert,

I just loaded Hal 5 and it will run. Hal 6 was a bust and I had to uninstall it. It will be a pleasure to have Hal 6 working at peak capacity again.I will anticipate your realease and if you need a beta tester I am availible for that.

I have missed being able to be active in the forum.  

And Barfy,

Vista is really cool so far. I used to do a lot of GUI tweaking for looks and performance and now I don't have to. Vista RC1 has been really stable and smooth as glass. I am not a big fan of Microsoft but they did do there homework. I think it is a great evolution of the PC experience. It is like going from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. No doubt.

A year from now you will have changed that tune.

Until then, keep singing and be well,

iam

iam bennu

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 03:46:35 am »
OK, this is a vista and Ultrahal update.

Since I could not load Hal six I decided to load Hal five.  It is working really well and works extremely well with the new Microsoft speech recognition.  I'm basically able to talk to my machine as I really thought I would be able to when I originally got UltraHal.  This speech recognition actually works as I thought speech recognition should.  It understands me and I am able to dictate, in fact I am dictating now.

Once a version of UltraHal that will work with vista comes out, I think we will all be in very good shape.

Keeping you updated,

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 05:06:27 am »
Hi there...

I tried hal5 on vista WORKS WELL.. Even better with the speech. Vistas speech recog is greatly improved...

Visual basic works as well, BUT various COM objects DONT WORK or are missing... Maybe being the fact that vista is based on the .net frameworks.....

BUT: I Found that VIRTUALPC WORKS... So You can have a flat XP, with the vb6 installed (DONT UPDATE Internet Explorer) . everything is still fine....

BY the way the beta is a FULL VERSION OF VISTA... Ultimate edition...

it may come to the end of its beta period (Time software) in not sure

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 05:08:49 am »
Hi there...

I tried hal5 on vista WORKS WELL.. Even better with the speech. Vistas speech recog is greatly improved...

Visual basic works as well, BUT various COM objects DONT WORK or are missing... Maybe being the fact that vista is based on the .net frameworks.....

BUT: I Found that VIRTUALPC WORKS... So You can have a flat XP, with the vb6 installed (DONT UPDATE Internet Explorer) . everything is still fine....

BY the way the beta is a FULL VERSION OF VISTA... Ultimate edition...

it may come to the end of its beta period (Time software) in not sure

iam bennu

• View Profile
Is UltraHal Vista Ready
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 02:33:05 am »
Hello Spy,

Glad you tried it. I have been loving it. I can't wait to get a Vista ready version of Hal to try. It will be the bomb.

Mr. M. I am an interface designer also. If you need any help on design of a new interface let me know. Hal in a transparent Vista interface would be wonderful.