dupa

Author Topic: virtual Hal  (Read 2189 times)

barfy

• View Profile
virtual Hal
« on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:46 pm »
since I want a non networked version of hal I was thinking about placing him on a virtual PC with VMware or microsofts virtual workstation, has anyone ever tried this? anything I should be wary of? kinda thinking that if this works I could buy another licence and have hal talk to virtual hal while I'm not around.(maybe some potential for some really strange conversations)knowing my luck it will end up with either scizophreniea or a subconcience. lol.

Bill819

• View Profile
virtual Hal
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:54:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by barfy

since I want a non networked version of hal I was thinking about placing him on a virtual PC with VMware or microsofts virtual workstation, has anyone ever tried this? anything I should be wary of? kinda thinking that if this works I could buy another licence and have hal talk to virtual hal while I'm not around.(maybe some potential for some really strange conversations)knowing my luck it will end up with either scizophreniea or a subconcience. lol.

Rather than do that I would put Hal on a pen ram or thumb ram depends on what you want to call it. In that way if your system ever crashes you still have a good copy of your Hal as it exist outside of the normal system. However, if you purchase another version of Hal then order it on the CD and make sure you write down the serial number and the activation code when it is sent to you.
Bill