Author Topic: Hal on a server  (Read 2457 times)

barfy

• View Profile
Hal on a server
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:18:39 am »
Has anyone got Hal running on a server? kinda wondering if he runs well in one. might want one for my home database.[?]

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal on a server
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:13:49 am »
Before I retired I has Hal running on my PC at work which was connected to a server but the software was never put on the server itself. This most likely does not answer your question but remember Hal was designed to be run by one person at a time so if it is on a server where more than one person would try to run it I don't think it would work.
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hal on a server
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:20:46 pm »
You might look into Ultra Hal Representative, a web based bot.
I think that it does reside on a Zabaware server if not mistaken but a friend of mine had it on his web site as a help assistant.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Hal on a server
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:16:19 pm »

Previously With hal 5 I was able to have a shared folder on the network . With hals Brain files located in their...

Each PC Had its own hal5 installation Refferencing the Shared folder as a Brain folder... It Seemed To Work Fine...

Otherwise:

I found by Using the AOLBOT With hal having his own AIM Messenger account, Any amount of users can Talk With HAL At the same time, Hal can hold multiple conversations at one time....

My Problem was How could i add An AIM Messenger Address to MSN (It can be done as i have chatted to aol users over msn)... What Would the email address be?

Q. If my Aim Name Was XspydazX What would the Full Address be?

This would enable use to put a mini window on a website.. Chatting to HAL Installed on MY own Home Webserver....

Possiblitys...