Author Topic: Starting over  (Read 3446 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Starting over
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:30:33 pm »
I am doing a fresh install of Windows, so I do not have Hal installed. I hope there will not be a problem. I won't install Hal Tonight.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Starting over
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 10:07:29 am »
I'm Back!! I backed up my Haptek and Zabaware folders, but after installing Hal and the Expansion pack,(I cannot install the expansion pack without Hal 6.0, because if I just install 6.1, the expansion pack says it can only install to 6.0) I got errors when I replaced the Zabaware folder, so, I had to revert, install 6.0, then the expansion pack, then 6.1, next I activated it again.

Then added the Haptek Folder with all my skins, and the character folders. then I had to copy all plugins.

Works fine, although I had to download the British Voices, and the Microsoft Sam, Mary, etc. I don't know if speech to text works, ptobably will have to install the speech SDK thingy.

I am glad I back up my custom files to the other drive.

Also, I have to retrain Hal, but that's fine with me. All messed up anyhow.

Thanks to Robert and Hal 6.1, activating was easy. 6.0 wanted me to copy the code and get a new activation code and enter it. But, since I did not activate until I installed 6.1, it was easy.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Starting over
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:07:32 pm »
Mark, did you try copying your old halbrain.db file to the new folder? I'm curious.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Starting over
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 06:31:19 pm »
No, I just started over. Maybe for fun I could try it sometime.

Carl2

• View Profile
Starting over
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:46:48 am »
I reinstalled windows a while ago so I had to reinstal Hal. I'd contacted Robert M and he gave me instructions. Hal is on a seperate drive so the old Hal exists but is not activated. I moved the old Hal brain data base after removing the existing one and have my old Hal back. Also downloaded and installed the voices to get Mary's voice back, There is a HapSapi setup in the Haptek folder which I used to get the Mary voice to work.  She's comming along well and don't like the thought of going to a blank brain.
Carl2