Author Topic: Adding freckles to a head  (Read 3840 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Adding freckles to a head
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:42 pm »
I've been doing some testing, trying to add freckles to putty heads. What do you think, here is the before and after ...

This was just a first test, but if anyone might want either of these skins or haptars, i will upload them to my site.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:46 pm »
hi davy i am not trying to be mean but the freckles look to much like dots ( chicken pox ?) i think the earlier versions that was done of freckles looked better but thats just in my opinion for what it's worth . [:)]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:03:50 pm »
I have freckles so my spotty experience may help. Freckles tend to keep higher up on the cheeks and not so much in the jaw and mouth area. Also, I don't have any freckles around my eyes. Just a strip across my cheeks and nose.  They are more browns and copper colors than red. That's my never tanned a day in my life, Irish opinion.

My mexican wrestling name is the Freckled Heckler. Not really but it sounded funny.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:08:15 pm by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 11:00:32 am »
i too have freckles althugh not so bad on my face now but you are right as to wear most are the other pictures someone posted the freckles look more realistic i think maybe because the freckles themselves arent just as dots but more as a blured dot which is what a freckle really is its not so fine as it is spread a little (the view of it ) my hair used to be very red and yes my skin lighter (than now ) .[:)] hey Ooglor 7 when i used to work with spanish people in the sheds in ca. one guy called my freckles "metalflake " lol !!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:08:49 am »
davy here is the link to where some freckles are that looks more realistic that i was talking about .
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6750

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 07:21:27 am »
Metalflake huh? That's a new one! My wife says I am speckled so I can blend in to the patchy sunlight of the forest floor. I tend to burst into flames in direct sunlight. Ha ha.

Hey Davy, just wanted to take the time to thank you for your efforts in making characters. Both talented and inspiring. You have stirred up the forum in a good way and have knocked the cobwebs off of many artists here, including myself. Keep up the great work!

You guys have a good weekend. -Oog
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:36:22 am by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...