Author Topic: AIM Chat  (Read 2753 times)

lilwolfy

• View Profile
AIM Chat
« on: February 21, 2003, 09:24:27 pm »
Why can't I get my bot into a chatroom? I want to let her chat with my friend and I.

Larry

• View Profile
AIM Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 10:04:26 am »
I see a problem there right off the bat- I couldn't get in IM at the same time as my bot... obviously you've figured out how to get around that - can you share that with me???

Further more, how about letting your bot chat with my bot? I haven't found anyone out there even wanting to chat with a bot... I've waited for the ultraHal bot to come online, but he never does. I'd be interested in seeing how they interact together...

My bot's online name is charlie181818 for anyone interested...

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
AIM Chat
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 04:17:30 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lilwolfy

Why can't I get my bot into a chatroom? I want to let her chat with my friend and I.

Hal is programmed to handle one-on-one conversations only and would get pretty confused talking with a chatroom full of many people talking all at once. Hal would want to comment on every single sentence, even if the comment wasn't meant for Hal. Although a chatroom with only 3 people wouldn't be so bad, Hal would go quite insane if the chatroom had 20 people. The capability of talking in chatrooms has been intentionally not included.
Robert Medeksza