Author Topic: No Voices listed.  (Read 3638 times)

SMwulph

• View Profile
No Voices listed.
« on: August 14, 2008, 10:08:43 pm »
I jsut tried to install the Ulter Hal ToS reader but NONE of the voicers were installed with it and they are not listed in program.
I have tried installing and uninstalling it several times.
Running WinXP Pro, in the Control Panel there is NO icon for 'Speech' and I have installed 'Microsoft-English-TTS-51.msi' & 'marymksm.exe'
Some help with be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
'Oops' has proceed many Man-made disasters in history.

echoman

No Voices listed.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:09:46 pm »
Hello,

Underneath the speed/pitch/volume sliders there is a drop down menu which should contain a list of the voices available.

It is easy to miss this menu as it appears blank when the program first loads.

To be honest, I do not think you will be happy with many of the free voices given. I personally would go ahead and purchase some new voices from somewhere like Cepstral or Neo-speech. I use Cepsral Amy. Cepstral comes with its own text to speech reader too.

Hope this helps.

Echo.

SMwulph

• View Profile
No Voices listed.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:50:42 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

Hello,

Underneath the speed/pitch/volume sliders there is a drop down menu which should contain a list of the voices available.

It is easy to miss this menu as it appears blank when the program first loads.

To be honest, I do not think you will be happy with many of the free voices given. I personally would go ahead and purchase some new voices from somewhere like Cepstral or Neo-speech. I use Cepsral Amy. Cepstral comes with its own text to speech reader too.

Hope this helps.

Echo.

Unforcently I knew about the drop-down menu, Echo but thank for the pointer still :).  I think it's something to do with Windows itself. The other TTS stuff doesn't work either :(
'Oops' has proceed many Man-made disasters in history.

echoman

No Voices listed.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:28:19 am »
I would try and load the cepstral text to speech reader and see if that works.