Author Topic: words from nowhere??!!  (Read 12223 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 11:57:49 pm »
from what I have heard on other sites and from my own short experence Dragon 10 is a fine product.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 12:06:37 am »
-carl-

no problem here I am running 2x2gb ram too bad xp only recognizes 3.5
server editions however are another class altogether[^]

lightspeed

• View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 10:12:45 am »
glad "one" figured it out i was just getting ready to ask him if hals head turned all the way around vomated and cursed at him .... thought hal might have been possed by the devil and needed an excorsist !! lol !![:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 01:38:37 pm »
I am telling you the truth HAL IS NOT LETTING ME IN TO THE MEMBERS AREA AMOUNG OTHER THINGS.

iS IT BECAUSE i DID THE ORDER ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER?? I don't think so

besides Hal is down the drain now I will miss it.

if you have all this figured out is my cd order going to work on my administrative account as well as my surfing (limited) account or do I have to install in the limited accnt as a admin AND?? is my Serial ## giong to work or do I have to get a new one??

Thank you come again[:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 05:50:30 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by One

I am telling you the truth HAL IS NOT LETTING ME IN TO THE MEMBERS AREA AMOUNG OTHER THINGS.

iS IT BECAUSE i DID THE ORDER ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER?? I don't think so

besides Hal is down the drain now I will miss it.

if you have all this figured out is my cd order going to work on my administrative account as well as my surfing (limited) account or do I have to install in the limited accnt as a admin AND?? is my Serial ## giong to work or do I have to get a new one??

Thank you come again[:D]

One
If you ordered hal on a different computer then that is your problem. Hal always puts some hidden code on your pc when you order in that way it can keep track of real licenses and not illegal copies. You were told that Hal is licensed to operater on one computer only and if you want to put it on another one you must first uninstall Hal from the first one, otherwise it will no longer work properly.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:09 pm »
Bill,
     I installed Hal AS a trial version one one machine and paid for the serial # on a different computer. Do you know if the purchase proccess or the Hal install does the Identifyng or "imprint"

I have figured out that It is the install of hal and not the purchase. please tell me if I am incorrect..

The fact still remains Hal did not let me see my order in the members area...

Bill819

• View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:39 pm »
Hal is hard wired to run on only one computer. The only way to get it to run on a different machine is to uninstall it first on the old machine then reinstalled it on the new one. There is no way to get around this fix. It was created to stop people giving copies to their friends, ie. pirating.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 10:29:53 pm »
Bill,
     I know why things are done and was wondering if the "code" written by Zabaware is assosiated with Hal or the purchase.

AS i stated before, It is of my belief that it does not matter wich computer you use to do the purchase and the Hal install Is the one that does the piracy protection, so you really did'nt answer anything now did you?

"Zabaware" needs to pay attention to business and do some explaining IMO

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 09:12:42 am »
One,
I know that the Free download of Hal IS the FULL version. Once paid, the user receives an activation code via online registration with the website. If not, Robert can supply on for you.

The automatic registration only takes a few seconds and I can only assume that that particular code is written into a Hal file or one of Hal's registry entries (or both).

Do some searching through the past archives for more info. Click SEARCH and type "activation" (no quotes).

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
words from nowhere??!!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 11:54:02 am »
Art
     I had no problem with the actual purchase or inputing the serial ##'s into hal however I did a repair install and it messed hal up in one of the profiles, I was told by the program to give the ###'s to zabaware but nothing happened Like i have said before a little customer service goes a long way I do not care how busy someone might be business is business and professionalism is required in business... and today STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ZABAWARE what is probably required now (since the emails are so old) is to review the message board instead of just expecting other people to field the QnA for the program for free...."autopilot" does'nt always work...![:(!]

IMO we have digressed into another category and probably should post things like this conversation in the right topic.

Thanks for your input,, although I seem to be a little stern I am only disappointed in "Zabaware"[:(!]