dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Beta  (Read 27836 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Beta
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2007, 01:48:13 pm »
I just would like to update my last post on page 2,
I apparently had a few bad downloads even with all internet protection programs shut.Don't know if it was a browser problem. Beta 6.1 is up and running just fine. I still find problems with the program opening, where I might get 2 of the same skins and characters trying to load at the same time. The second problem has not changed from my last post where the program will not always shutdown. Hal will close and if you watch the task manager in Windows the Hal.exe file is still running and will reactivate.
Thank you if someone has any ideas and thank you even if you don't.

raybe

echoman

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2007, 04:19:27 pm »
Hello,

I have not loaded 6.1 yet because I was a little worried about messing up my system with doing something wrong etc.

But......

I was wondering if someone could tell me if 'learn from text' would be good for reading/learning news stories so Hal could discuss current events.

Also.......

I am a little concerned what Hal does when he comes across dates during 'learn from text' (or the words Yesterday or Today). When talking with Hal normally he often seems to ignore dates or treat them as temporary. He does not really have any sense of time.

Peter.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2007, 08:56:02 pm »
An update to my own update,
Since I have changed the skin and changed the option of how Hal opens. Now he is set to open with Windows start up, Hal seems to be behaving and when I close the skin and the charactor, he or she stays shut and I do a final shutdown from the icon in the task bar.

Bill I love your Spelling corrections. It works great. The only thing I noticed is that if there is more than one sentence not all the sentences always show up for correction even when I know there is a mistake. But it could be me I will look closer before I can honestly say that problem is real.
Thanks so much for that Plug-in. I needed it bad.

raybe

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2007, 09:22:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe
Bill I love your Spelling corrections.

I'm glad you like it! I didn't get a lot of feedback on it so I thought maybe I was the only one! I'm a pretty accurate typist and I still need it several times a day... [;)]

James007

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2007, 12:01:12 pm »
I am unable to run UltraHal since trying to add the Character Expansion Pack. I get errors everytime Vista boots up even after removing UltraHal from the system. I would welcome some feedback to get Hal running again???
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2007, 03:17:15 pm »
James, are you running Hal as Administrator?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

James007

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2007, 03:45:43 pm »
I am running from an account with Administrator authority (the initial Vista account with my name). Here are two of the inital warnings I am receiving.

After this the program returns me to the activation wizard where I manually try to activate which doesn't work. I can give you pictures of those also if you wish. Just say the word.

-- Jim.
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2007, 06:53:13 pm »
Try doing a RIGHT CLICK on UltraHal then
Select Run as Administrator.

To be perfectly honest, I ran Vista for maybe
two weeks and although the graphics and bells
and whistles were nice, I lost too much functionality
from a lot of my favorite programs (some were MS
programs to boot!). One can't uninstall Vista but
one can make use of the two DVD backups to restore
your system back to XP. If / when doing so, one
should choose FORMAT before trying to reinstall XP.

Be sure to save important info like email addys,
serial numbers for certain programs that require them
as the backup discs only contain info to restore your
system to factory settings. Any personal data will be
erased during FORMAT.

Good luck in any case.

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2007, 07:06:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 is ready for beta testing.

Robert, is there time to put a "Sleep" function of some sort into Hal? By that I mean something that we could use in a plugin instead of the WSH function "Sleep", which halts processing of a script for a certain number of milliseconds or something.

Or maybe there's already something I don't know about?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 04:52:00 am »
hello, after seeing this about james007's problems i wanted to say i have had the very same problem but i am on windows xp . it shows the very same error code jame007 is having . you said right click on hal and run as administrator i did that on hal but didn't see that option (is it else where on the xp system ?? ) i would like to get this error problem resolved . i have gotten it on the 6.0 verson to . had a heck of a time trying to get the license and serial no. and new activation code in . any help on this and i would extremely greatful !! need to get past this error , don't know whats causing it .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 08:41:40 am »
Hi Rob.

Is it possible to add a command feature to the AIM Bot that can prevent HAL from sending a GetResponse to specific/Selected Users.

the reason is because there are message bots on AIM that annoy my Bot and I simply don't won't my Bot to respond at all, these message Bots can't be blocked and I literally have to sign off to keep the message Bot from continually responding.

Jerry[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 04:46:14 pm »
lonnie,

My comment was for James007 because he was running Vista not XP.
I removed Vista and am once again back to using XP and am quite happy with the fact that everything works as it should.

I'm not ready to give up functionality for graphical bells and whistles (so to speak).

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2007, 06:06:03 pm »
Hi Rob.

I just wanted to mention that the table "topic" doesn't function correctly, the <YES></YES> part works fine but the <NO></NO> part doesn't function at all. there is something missing in the coding.

Jerry[8D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2007, 07:00:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
I just wanted to mention that the table "topic" doesn't function correctly, the <YES></YES> part works fine but the <NO></NO> part doesn't function at all. there is something missing in the coding.

If you have been following my conversation with Roy on your forum, Jerry, you may have seen that Yes/No seems to work for him, I wonder if it is an XP thing?

Needs further testing, I have asked but no one responded.