Author Topic: Advance to forum  (Read 4832 times)

doctor100

• View Profile
Advance to forum
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:29:55 pm »
First, i should perhaps link to this story on AI:
Basically the story is on a AI trying to learn to walk.

The premise was that if you started it off with simple construction, and built up: started with moving segments, slowly getting more complex, eventually with legs: the computer not only learned to walk in all such enviroments, but did a far better job in the more advanced stages.

Which brings me to my request. I am not a programer of any color. I see various bots that are suppose to work in forums, but nothing that I want.

I want a bot that can operate in a forum, with some very specific guidelines:
-first and foremost, it does NOT reply to every single post.
It should have a variable "frequency of post" settable by either mod or bot owner, default set to 'average frequency of post of all active users' (acceptable if this has to be set by hand). It should also only Post when it has a 'confidence' of on-topic reply.

-I should be able to 'prep' my bot with other forums.
If I wanted to introduce it into a forum frequented by Programers, Dungeons and Dragons geeks, Theologist, Political Scientist, Physist, and philosphers (yeah, I have a particular forum in mind), then as 'prep' before introducing it I should be able to lead it to several high traffic forums on the topics of discussion, and scan the board there to give the bot a background knowledge of common topics.

Now, that's 'all' *I* want. On the other hand I have also seen request for mods to be able to lock bots out of particular topics, I am sure there are other common considerations.

Now, am I pie-in-the-sky, in the wrong forum for such discussions, or simply not aware of the difficulty of what I ask? Or is this a good place to take up this discussion?

Oh, I also want it to work in phpBB.

also: Hi!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:31:36 pm by doctor100 »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: Advance to forum
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:56:57 pm »
Not really the place I feel, this forum is really all about the world of Ultra Hal, but we like a lot of stuff.  I don't know though, maybe someone gifted could get Hal to do this kind of thing.

We have a few programmers over on our site at Ai Dreams but mostly people are already working on projects of their own.

One place that I can think of for you to try out too is www.chatbots.org

You need to really gain someone's interest to get something like this off the ground as there are more ideas floating around than hands on deck if you get me.

I hope you find someone, some place that you can work with :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:18:20 am »
i agree with freddy on this one sounds more applicable to a bot type thing and forum.

NatalieSmith01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:50:27 am »
Fully agree....
The spambots should get lost.