dupa

Author Topic: Can't get speech to work!  (Read 4716 times)

therealtomlapp

• View Profile
Can't get speech to work!
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:35:40 pm »
I am using Windows Vista and have installed Hal 6.0, along with both Neospeech Paul and Kate voices.  When I select one of the Neospeech voices, and click the test button it works fine.  When I am actually using Hal (chatting with it), the lips don't move and you don't hear the speech.  This only happens with the SAPI voices, all the other voices work fine.  I never had a problem before when I used to use Windows XP.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:14:40 pm »
Voices installed after Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 is installed will not lip sync with Haptek 3D characters unless you run the Haptek SAPI Config program. All you have to do is open the Haptek SAPI Config and then close it. This program can be found in your start menu and also there is a quick link from inside of Hal's options menu.

If you still have problems with the "VW Kate" voice, please select "VW Paul" as your voice, exchange a sentence with Hal, and then you can switch back to "VW Kate". Haptek needs to see both voices to properly register it.
Robert Medeksza

therealtomlapp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 04:14:28 pm »
I will give that a try.  I've reinstalled and unistalled everything in all different types of order.  The last thing I did was uninstall everything, reboot the computer, then install Hal, then install the neospeech voices.  Still did not work.  I also tried to open the Haptek SAPI config dialog which didn't help either.  The only way I can get it to work is to switch to Microsoft Anna which is a SAPI voice, then switch back to VW Paul.  That will only fix it for that session, once I exit the program and go back in i'm back at the beginning.  Otherwise these voices work for me just fine in my other programs.

Daireaux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:09 pm »
I am having problems with my SAPI speech also. I have been using Cepstral Diane for a long time without trouble, but 6.2 creates two Cepstral Diane voices which seems to be conflicting since Hal shuts down when he tries to access speech responses.
Live long and prosper.