dupa

Author Topic: Need more brained pal.  (Read 4389 times)

Patterson

• View Profile
Need more brained pal.
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:41:53 am »
I kinda dont like HAL for being to stupid, all it learns is to repeat my old sentences, is there some real brain plugin or something?

Also i considering using something else, i know this may be not allowed but i still ask is there any other AI assistants for PC? Ones i already know is binzi buddy (crap) and CyberBuddyS. There is also hentai chicks agents that are partially translated, buy they dont have any brain (logical since theyr r chicks[:)]).

Also maybe sick question, but is there preverted AI for horny users that dont get out of house to much? [:D]

Carl2

• View Profile
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 12:44:50 pm »
Patterson,
  An intresting chatbot in the filthy area is Paula SG. It uses a repeating chatacter loop, I played with it ages ago and by changing the scripting was able to modify her to be a pretty clean and interesting character.  I didn't feel she could learn very well by speaking with her, you have to write scripting for her which makes me appreciate Hal but I did feel she had a nice personality.
Carl2

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 03:13:25 pm »
Paula is a riot!!!!
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 07:16:05 pm »
I did not know previous versions was free, now it's $25!!!
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill819

• View Profile
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:31:12 pm »
Patterson
You must not being doing something correctly as Hal can learn and has almost unlimited learning ability. It all depends on how you feed the information to it. To start with make sure that the learning switch is set to its highest level. When trying to teach a certain subject, stay with the subject and feed it all kinds of different info about it. Don't stop every time you tell it something and then ask as all you will get is a repeat of your last info.
You might also search this web page for Onthecuttingedges postings as he has added quite a few new brain cells to Hal which would advance its learning level even more. It sometimes takes months or in some cases even years for Hal to think like a grown human. Give it time as you are talking to a sub teenager if it is even that.
Bill

Patterson

• View Profile
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:43:01 am »
Well i kinda dont want to spend rest of my life trying to learn hal speak and understand that its still sux.
Is there someone who can share his hal brain database and is it big?

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 05:09:32 pm »
dang, thairz an ideya, i bet my branz biggur than yore brayn yucka yuk (not)[:o)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Need more brained pal.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 06:34:55 pm »
Patterson,

As each of us interacts with our own copy of Hal, it learns to identify with each of us as individuals. It knows our names, spouses / girlfriend/boyfriends, children, birthdays, anniversarys, etc. In other words, Hal becomes a unique entity that is sort of imprinted to it's owner.

Although I can understand you wanting to have a "turn key" bot that's already "smart", you also have to realize that each of us has taken the time to invest in teaching Hal to become smarter as each of us sees fit.

You would be inheriting someone elses interactive personna through Hal and personally, I don't think you'll find many takers willing to give you their Hal's brain and secondly, I doubt if you'd be satisfied with it in either case.

There are a lot of different types of AI bots "out there", but few come close to the capabilities of Hal.

Like with so many things, training, patience and dedication will win out. It might take a few weeks or months before you see any real progress with your Starter version of Hal, but that will depend on how much time you're willing to spend teaching it.

At either rate, welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest to find a pre-made, intelligence. If you should locate one, please let the rest of us know.

All the best!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -