dupa

Author Topic: something NEW!  (Read 4068 times)

les

• View Profile
something NEW!
« on: May 04, 2006, 12:10:30 pm »
Look what Wow Wee is making now.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/07/wowwee-scoty-robot-media-hub/

(this is not spam just something I found while playing around.)

Les

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
something NEW!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 08:21:20 pm »
Thanks Les. Most interesting site...I was there for over an hour!!
Cool stuff!!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

FuzzieDice

something NEW!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:48:11 pm »
I love the videos here:

http://www.robosapienv2online.com/watch.html

Hilarious! If they had that much fun in the QC line, I'd love a job there. :D

Bill819

• View Profile
something NEW!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 09:58:39 am »
If any of you have seen the Robosapien II then just wait until the model three comes out. They have a contract with Evolution Robotics the maker of ER1 to use their visual recognition and and other parts of their advance software. The new Robosapien will be able to recognize peoples faces and memorize entire rooms in your home. They might even give it the ability to talk somewhat like Hal.
In another part of their organization you should see their Chimpanzees interactive head. It is completely life like and will follow you with its eyes and respond with voice and facial expressions just like a real ape.
Bill

FuzzieDice

something NEW!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 10:50:22 pm »
I saw the ape. It was amazing.

I was thinking of getting a v2 RoboSapien but I might wait until V3. If I have enough $$ I might get a 2nd one and hack it to integrate it's programming into my car. That would rule! :)

Bill819

• View Profile
something NEW!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 11:14:29 pm »
Fuzzydice
I bought one of the first robo 1's when they first came out and then I received another as a gift. The second one is the silver addition and is still in its box. I collect all kinds of robots and other animated characters not even counting the robot that I am still building myself, although I had to put it on hold for a while and now I need a new battery for it as the old one will not charge anymore. I have talked to WowWee about mass producing robot type heads for all the experiemeters out there but they were not interested. Robo 3 aught to be really nice with vision and voice recognition to boot.
Bill