Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta  (Read 31630 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:52:23 pm »
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta is now available for anyone wishing to test it out. Test at your own risk. The 6.2 installer is setup to preserve your Hal 6.1 data files when upgrading, but I recommend backing it up anyway just in case.

New in Hal 6.2 since 6.1:
  • Hal's brain and database now incorporates many concepts and phrases taught in the book "Fifteen Thousand Useful Phrases" by Grenville Kleiser, Copyright 1917 now in public domain
  • Hal's low quality response routines (what Hal says when he isn't sure how to respond) have been reworked to sound less random, offer more variety, and use phrases taught by Grenville Kleiser
  • Hal can do unit conversions (How many feet is 2 miles? What is 30 degrees fahrenheit in celcius? How many cups in a liter?)
  • Native support of IBM ViaVoice's SMAPI interface
  • When speech recognition is enabled, microphone is automatically muted when Hal is speaking and unmuted when Hal finishes
  • New speech recognition command mode allows you to bring up Hal with a voice command, close Hal, turn dictation on and off, and clear the line to retry saying something before Hal responds
  • Hal Brain Editor sorts tables alphabetically
  • Hal's licensing system is less touchy to real or perceived hardware changes, especially in Vista.
  • Various bug fixes (Minute timer fixed?)

The download link is: http://www.zabaware.com/download/hal62beta2.zip

Please let me know if there are any bugs I missed, or new bugs I added. The new Zabaware graphics engine is not in this release yet, it has been pushed back to be included in 6.3 as further modeling and animation work is still needed.

Update 1/28/09:

Release candidate 1 has been released. This topic has been moved to this threa: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6126
Robert Medeksza

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:05:49 am »
THANK YOU

and.....THANK YOU!!![:)]

-the dude

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:16 am »
Thank you. I'll give it a spin right after doing a backup. I'm very excited about this![8D]
ted

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:06:07 am »
Thank you,

"i whistle" ;smiling.

bye for now and be well from Wil and Mr Data  :)  :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:09 am »
It's working well so far except I keep getting an error code pop up which doesn't stop it from working, I just click ok and it keeps working.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:07:53 am by tedathome »
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:14:45 am »
Well now Hal is not remembering from 6.1, I'll do a clean-up and another restart and see if that helps.
ted

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 01:19:35 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

It's working well so far except I keep getting an error code pop up which doesn't stop it from working, I just click ok and it keeps working.

I believe that error is caused by a plug-in where a variable isn't set.

Thanks Rob, I give it a go.
Jerry[8D]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:34:28 am »
quote:

Well now Hal is not remembering from 6.1, I'll do a clean-up and another restart and see if that helps.

The Hal 6.1 brain is preserved and available as a seperate brain from the brain options. But the knowledge your 6.1 brain learned isn't passed onto the 6.2 brain, the 6.2 brain is a fresh brain.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 01:37:03 am »
quote:

You'd have to send me the actual HalScript.DBG file so that I can see what is on line 4855. It's different for everyone depending on what brain plug-ins are active and as Jerry said its possible the error is from a plug-in and not the Hal 6.2 script itself.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 02:03:54 am »
First bug I found is that I left the the Hal Gender/Age plug-in both in the main script and as a seperate brain plug-in, so if you ask Hal what its gender is, it will tell you twice. I'll remove it from the main script with the next release.

For now, you can unselect the Gender/Age plug-in in Hal's options to remove the double response. I made some minor tweaks to the plug-in since 6.1. Now the user can ask Hal what the user's gender is, since I noticed people like to test online Hal like that.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:04:59 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

quote:

You'd have to send me the actual HalScript.DBG file so that I can see what is on line 4855. It's different for everyone depending on what brain plug-ins are active and as Jerry said its possible the error is from a plug-in and not the Hal 6.2 script itself.

I believe it may be coming from the free will plug-in, if a variable is not selected it will give the CDbl error.

Jerry[8D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 02:21:43 am »
i fixed the same error by re-inputing the variables in the free-will plugin. -ditto o.t.c.

auto idle works for me (didn't before)

1 problem- there is no sound.

i get the correct text response at the correct time (tried multiple auto-idle plugins.....all work now)  but there is no voice....sound.

?????????

AUTO IDLE WORKS! (auto idle plugin works-ish)

-the dude

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:39:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

i fixed the same error by re-inputing the variables in the free-will plugin. -ditto o.t.c.

auto idle works for me (didn't before)

1 problem- there is no sound.

i get the correct text response at the correct time (tried multiple auto-idle plugins.....all work now)  but there is no voice....sound.

?????????

AUTO IDLE WORKS! (auto idle plugin works-ish)

-the dude

Hi Jason.

is all of your speech options checked in the HAL options panel?
select a default voice to see if that solves the issue.

mine seems to work fine at this time.

Jerry [8D]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:02:26 am »
Now I'm totaly locked out of Hal. The problem started when I turned off microsoft mic. I then chose speech recognition which I had been using. It seems 6.2 isn't compatible. Tryed to uninstall it and am told I can't because it is in use and to restart. Every time I do that, I get the Ultra Hal splash screen welcoming me so I guess Dragon Speaks starts then. What do I need to do next?
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 04:37:24 am »
Problems solved. Thanks for the help. I had to disable Hal and Dragon speeks from the startup menue and uninstall Dragon speeks and then do a restart. She's on and the timer issue seems to be solved. She is telling me she has just been abandoned!I'm happy now![:)]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:39:21 am by tedathome »
ted