Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta  (Read 31638 times)

CypherGary

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 06:08:41 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza
The Hal 6.1 brain is preserved and available as a seperate brain from the brain options. But the knowledge your 6.1 brain learned isn't passed onto the 6.2 brain, the 6.2 brain is a fresh brain.

Is this limitation for just the beta?
When the new version is released, will it update the old brain to contain what the old one did?
At what point will you include this for testing?

Thanks

EDIT:
I installed the new version.
It installed fine, created a new database, and all seems to be good.  Nice work!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:13:10 am by CypherGary »
See you here, there, or in the Air!

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 07:25:55 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

i fixed the same error by re-inputing the variables in the free-will plugin. -ditto o.t.c.

auto idle works for me (didn't before)

1 problem- there is no sound.

i get the correct text response at the correct time (tried multiple auto-idle plugins.....all work now)  but there is no voice....sound.

?????????

AUTO IDLE WORKS! (auto idle plugin works-ish)

-the dude

Hi Jason.

is all of your speech options checked in the HAL options panel?
select a default voice to see if that solves the issue.

mine seems to work fine at this time.

Jerry [8D]

the sound is only missing during the auto-idle response (auto-idle does respond with text only)
sound works perfect during normal conversation

????????????????????

thanks for help in advance
-the dude

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 09:07:50 am »
Works good so far.[:D]

Conversions don't work, though, not on mine.

The mile did, but not 2 miles.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:11:48 am by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:37 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Problems solved. Thanks for the help. I had to disable Hal and Dragon speeks from the startup menue and uninstall Dragon speeks and then do a restart. She's on and the timer issue seems to be solved. She is telling me she has just been abandoned!I'm happy now![:)]

Hal should be compatible with all speech recognition engines. Can you give me more info as to what went wrong? What version of Dragon Naturally Speaking are you using? Was the Dragon tool on at the same time as Hal? Was the correct speech profile selected in Hal? How exactly did it lock you out, any error messages?
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 11:05:34 am »
quote:
Originally posted by CypherGary

Is this limitation for just the beta?
When the new version is released, will it update the old brain to contain what the old one did?
At what point will you include this for testing?

I wasn't originally planning on it, but I'll think about how that can be done. Basically I would have to write a utility that takes your old brain and adds new tables to it that were added to 6.2 and changes other tables that were changed. A lot harder than it seems as I didn't document every little change I made to the database.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 11:07:36 am »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

Works good so far.[:D]

Conversions don't work, though, not on mine.

The mile did, but not 2 miles.

It seems "How many feet in 2 miles?" works but "How many feet is 2 miles?" doesn't. I'll fix that.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 12:21:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

quote:

quote:

It's working well so far except I keep getting an error code pop up which doesn't stop it from working, I just click ok and it keeps working.

You'd have to send me the actual HalScript.DBG file so that I can see what is on line 4855. It's different for everyone depending on what brain plug-ins are active and as Jerry said its possible the error is from a plug-in and not the Hal 6.2 script itself.

I believe it may be coming from the free will plug-in, if a variable is not selected it will give the CDbl error.

Jerry[8D]

I setup the default brain to have the free will tables initialized and set to average obedience, so hopefully that will prevent this error now.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 01:08:31 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

i fixed the same error by re-inputing the variables in the free-will plugin. -ditto o.t.c.

auto idle works for me (didn't before)

1 problem- there is no sound.

i get the correct text response at the correct time (tried multiple auto-idle plugins.....all work now)  but there is no voice....sound.

?????????

AUTO IDLE WORKS! (auto idle plugin works-ish)

-the dude

I can't seem to replicate this error. The voice works fine for me. What voice are you using? What character are you using?
Robert Medeksza

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 03:31:26 pm »
Robert, you said:

"Hal should be compatible with all speech recognition engines."

Does that include Dragon Naturally Speaking, version 10?  I believe that the Nuance engine that it uses is the same one that NASA uses for "Clarissa" on the ISS, and that many consider it to be the best speech recognition engine available.  I would gladly buy DNS 10 if I could be certain it would work with HAL.

Great news about the beta, I've downloaded it and will try it out.

Here's a link about Clarissa:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7584
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 03:49:18 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by DrFaraday

Robert, you said:

"Hal should be compatible with all speech recognition engines."

Does that include Dragon Naturally Speaking, version 10?  I believe that the Nuance engine that it uses is the same one that NASA uses for "Clarissa" on the ISS, and that many consider it to be the best speech recognition engine available.  I would gladly buy DNS 10 if I could be certain it would work with HAL.

Great news about the beta, I've downloaded it and will try it out.

Here's a link about Clarissa:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7584

During the development of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 I have extensively tested Dragon Naturally Speaking 10, IBM ViaVoice 10.6, and Microsoft Recognizer 8 (part of Vista). All work well on my test machines.
Robert Medeksza

calzan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 04:12:27 pm »
I have loaded this beta version, seems to work ok. I am using the latest Dragon dictate. I cannot use my character set that I ordered with Hal 6.1, it senses that no Hal is loaded.
Cal

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 04:15:30 pm »
Well you asked what went wrong and for more details. I checked the speech recognition box but I'm used to not having to select speech engine as Dragon 7.30 always comes up automatically. I may have had mike unpluged. Then I turned on Dragon program. From there on I couldn't get Hal to completely boot up nor could I get into the options to change things. It kept on telling me it couldn't respond because the other "opration was busy" I suppose I went overboard by doing an uninstal. Will reinstall today and try to do it right this time.
ted

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 04:23:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by calzan

I have loaded this beta version, seems to work ok. I am using the latest Dragon dictate. I cannot use my character set that I ordered with Hal 6.1, it senses that no Hal is loaded.

The character engine installed looks for Hal 6.1 or 6.0, it doesn't know how to detect Hal 6.2 yet. I'll update the character engine installer with the final release.

If you want to get the characters working in Hal 6.2 now, you have to uninstall Hal 6.2, install Hal 6.1 again, install the character expansion, and then install Hal 6.2 over top of 6.1. The characters should remain.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 04:41:15 pm »
quote:

Well you asked what went wrong and for more details. I checked the speech recognition box but I'm used to not having to select speech engine as Dragon 7.30 always comes up automatically. I may have had mike unpluged. Then I turned on Dragon program. From there on I couldn't get Hal to completely boot up nor could I get into the options to change things. It kept on telling me it couldn't respond because the other "opration was busy" I suppose I went overboard by doing an uninstal. Will reinstall today and try to do it right this time.

My experience with Dragon is it doesn't like more than 1 program using the recognition system at the same time. ViaVoice and Microsoft Recognizer don't seem to have any problems, but Dragon often does. So I reccomend shutting down the Dragon utility when using Hal to avoid conflict. The main advantage of using the speech interface in Hal instead of the built in Dragon utility is that the microphone is muted automatically when Hal speaks and unmuted when Hal finishes speaking, preventing the computer from talking to itself.
Robert Medeksza

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 05:25:32 pm »
quote:
During the development of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 I have extensively tested Dragon Naturally Speaking 10, IBM ViaVoice 10.6, and Microsoft Recognizer 8 (part of Vista). All work well on my test machines.

That's great news, thanks Robert! [:D]

Calzan,
When you say you are using the latest Dragon Dictate, would that be Standard, Preferred or Professional, or one of the others?  If Hal would work well with Standard, I would probably just go with that.
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.