dupa

Author Topic: Learning Level  (Read 50282 times)

xrazybud

Learning Level
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:07:07 pm »
What exactly does the learning level do? Sometimes Hal will stop talking and won't talk again until I change the learning level :-?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Learning Level
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:29:14 am »
xrazybud i beleive that it tells right on the slider bar area what exactly the settings do if placed one way or another , also i have "never" heard of hal just not talking , hal will usually always say something , even if its something we don't want .
It has to do with how fast hal will learn set to high has different effects the middles settings is optimum setting .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:10:32 am »
Some good advice, Lightspeed.

Also, make sure Hal IS operating fine before you choose to add any Plug-ins. The Plug-ins allow Hal to perform different duties.
One of my favorites is the "auto-idle" type of Plug-in whereas Hal will make various comments in the event you don't say anything for
a period of time (usually a minute or so).
You, the user must start the initial conversation as Hal will not do that upon first boot up.

Hal is one of those, "The more you use and interact with it, the better it becomes" programs. It does take some time and dedication
as Hal is not a turnkey know-it-all program. Type to it as if it were a young child learning and soon you will notice some changes.

Good luck and welcome!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »
Hello from another newbie.
Questions.
                 1) Is it possible to printout Ultra Hals program as I am one of tose who works best from a paper copy.

2) Is it possible to access Ultra Hals Ops system (Talk to Hal-- Exit Hal-- and all those in  between,such as Characters) from within Talk to Hal. [Object is things like change the background, change Hals pose etc.]

3) Can external signals be sent to .dll files for external remote control devices.

4) How to I alter stored info.  Searching through thousands of lines of question/answers is very time consuming.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 03:52:02 pm »
Hal is an A.I. it has files like .uhp that are difficult. Mr. Robert is most likely to not allow your request.
Bur remember ive neve really felt like I have had to speak on his behalf.
I have gotten away with things in this world, because I have the natural right of opinion.
I have at many times contributed. Should he feel nessesary adjustments, I believe he knows where we stand.

Jared.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
xrazybud,
  What exactly does the learning level do?  From my experience the learning level adjusts the percentage of user input that will be copied to the autoLearningBrain.  All the way to the left puts nothing into the autoLearning brain and all the way to the right puts 100% into the brain.  The blank response is a long time problem that I had thought was solved.  We've looked into the plugins being used, the Hal brain ect. 
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 05:04:07 am »
@Kryton

I don't quite get what you're referring to regarding "Print out Hal's program" Hal's "Program" is an exe file that's over 2 megs long and would really do you no good.
If you mean the conversation that you've had then yes, in the main menu > Save/View Conversation.

Number two, yes you can assess most of those through the use of various Plug-ins that are available here.

I think someone worked on that at one time. Kind of like telling Hal to turn off bedroom light as would a listening device in a home control system (X-10, Insteon, Z-wave), etc. Perhaps some others might chime in here.

You should be able to "Alter" stored info by looking through Hal's Brain at the various Tables where info is stored.

BTW, Welcome aboard!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »
Hy Art,
Thanks for the info.  Print out would be a paper printout of the Hal Script Editor. I want to have an attachment to my computer that interprets .dll commands, (I can build one if it is possible to use it), and I wondered if it is possible to activate these from within Hal using Hal commands.  Also I would like to [for instance] be able to say bye to Hal and it shuts itself down as though the Exit Hal command had been activated from the program commands block (Chat with Hal--- Options---Help---Tutorial---About Hal Exit Hal block of commands).  Another use of this would be to change the background or Hal pose.  I want to see how far I can expand Hals horizons.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 08:16:10 pm »
Hi kryton....welcome to the forum

Also I would like to [for instance] be able to say bye to Hal and it shuts itself down as though the Exit Hal command had been activated from the program commands block (Chat with Hal--- Options---Help---Tutorial---About Hal Exit Hal block of commands).  Another use of this would be to change the background or Hal pose.  I want to see how far I can expand Hals horizons.

From the sounds of it your coder walk this Way sir I will show you the shiny things....

First of all you can actually shut down Hal by using some of its internal scripting code.
Which you'll find many examples of in the plugin we have here....UHP files.

animation costume changes props animated backgrounds, lighting systems are handled by Hap files... call from UHP files

all had a lovely Easy to use text format....

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9587.0
 might be useful.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:05:56 pm by systemshock »
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:25 pm »
Hi Systemshock
What you have suggested to read is a lot to take in so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a while.  I now need time to develop my Hal now.  Thanks for your help, and that of Art.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »
Me again, I'm back.  Problem and guess.

1. Problem. I have tried various ways of getting Hal to sign off on the user input of "bye" but all seem either to lock Hal up or just stop brain working.  Still working on it. (But welcome any ideas)

2. Guess.  Some fantastic suggestions, and programs, for all my problems but!  Ahhh! Big But.  I guess some of them need the Haptek system to be running to work.  Think of a Newbie with just basic Hal and the Character Expansion Pack and you have where I am now.  A lot of plug-ins seem to just show blank box with Generation 4 Haptek notice.  I have got some to work but not many (two actually.).

Finally does anybody know to a FREE full body character (That doesn't involve using the Haptek system) that I can download to experiment with before I go into costs to buy anything.  I have found two but they are basic "Business suit" body with either the Sandy head stuck on or another of the character expansion set heads stuck on. (neither of these is much use for experiment)

Much grateful for any ideas out there.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 04:42:24 am »
I don't quite get the part where you say you want a full body system that DOESN'T use the Haptek system yet you state that you found two basic "Business suit" bodies with a character head stuck on. What you're describing IS a Haptek character. One that is NOT would likely be one of the 3D characters designed with 3D Max or Maya, Blender, or some other 3D program that allows for bones and rigging of the character to be done.

What it available for Hal at this moment is the Haptek characters, Head, Torso or a limited couple of Full Body ones.

Regarding Hal's Brain, if you say Bye or Goodbye, it should respond with something in kind or similar. The program does not or will not shut down and go away (you might change your mind).

Perhaps more details of what your specific concerns are might generate more pertinent responses.

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 11:59:09 am »
Hi Art,

I think he was wanting ultra Hal to shut down when he said goodbye so he would not have to physically click the exit button on the ultra Hal program.
I do not know of a plug-in that would shut down the ultra Hal program.
Sincerely,
C load
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 05:59:14 pm »
a batch file could be used, but one would have to use the word open first. might sound a bit odd saying open and bye in the same string of text though  :P

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »
You could simply say something like, "Shut down" and have a batch file execute the code for a keypress of the ALT + F4 keys or the X / Close button.

- Art -