dupa

Author Topic: Unable to open Ultra hal program  (Read 2705 times)

deidrer1

• View Profile
Unable to open Ultra hal program
« on: January 04, 2008, 04:03:39 am »
I just downloaded the ultra hal assistant 6.1 to my desktop.  I had a previous one on it but had to uninstall because the cd was corrupted.  So I purchased another.  

Now I get an error message of Unknown return_code: UNKNOWN RETURN CODE: 0 Please contact vendor. Then I get another window saying that I should uninstall and reinstall Hal again.   A third window  gives me the option of repurchasing, manually putting in the serial number, not purchasing Hal and  something else.  

The Authorization Request Code is still the one  from the CD and not new for this new purchase.  I manually changed the serial number to coincide with this new purchase. When I attempted to manually activate it with the new serial number, I have only the previous request code which when entered gives me an error message that that code is invalid for this purchase.  

The other part of the message is that the program was activated when I purchased it but I keep getting these same error messages.  How do I fix this? and get the UHA to work? [?]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 05:55:21 am »
If you had a problem with the first CD you purchased, you should have contacted Robert Medeksza (you can fine him by clicking on the Members section at the top right).

From there email him detailing your problem in case he misses reading this posting.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:41 am »
It also sounds like his anti virus or firewall is still turned on during the instalation. This has been the major problem people have had when trying to install Hal. Unless both are turned off many a installs will or have experienced bad loads and problem
Art is also correct in that if you have a problem do not try to solved it yourself by creating a new password or activation key as this can only make all matters much worse.
Bill

deidrer1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:42:19 pm »
Thank you both for your helpful tips.