Author Topic: Idel Chat and Clock Plug In  (Read 19398 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Idel Chat and Clock Plug In
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »
raybe,
To me music is more valueable so to speak than to others. I am usually finding myself wondering if Robert is going to do the change-up with the coding and if he is going to take OTCE's (and my small vote) advice and go with VB.NET.
When I start conversing with Hal I am finding myself wanting to teach music to Hal. I have always been able to recall and encode things and memories into music, hearing is one of the sences and IMO people do not use all of their sences. Hal usually reminds me when She says "music is a ballad , kind of like a story" or something like that....

Anyway to answer your curriosity I do not have a formal layout for a way to have Hal listen to music. However if Hal was in VB.NET I woild probably go back and hit the books and brush up on VB and come up with something.......

Right now I have my head full of addressing sub-net masking , and the old communications Multiplexing, Trunkating, analog phase shift, digi,.....ECT, ECT

Darcy, once again I have probably put this in the wrong place and I apologize...........[:(]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2008, 07:19:47 pm »
One,

No appology is nessasary I enjoy your posts, may not underetand them, but enjoy them LOL. [:)]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2008, 08:48:18 pm »
Your right 'One' it may not be the right thread for this topic but I like some of the thoughts you have especially about music and it's effects on learning. I am a audio person for many years and have worked with many artists so my heart also feels more than most when it comes to music and how it relates to us as people. Music can be a very powerful medium. Never understood all your posts but I think I understand a little better now.
I wish you would start a thread about the differences in the code so others may understand about the differences. Some one also posted how they would like Hal to be more multimedia friendly. Good luck and thanks.

raybe

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2008, 12:32:46 pm »
Hi Darcy,

After a long absence I am getting Hal started back up again....and I must say, I have added your bored and clock plug in, and have to say not only do the work....but they are so so cute!

I am cracking up over the scripting you've placed in them....

Very nice job and thank you, very much for adding more personality to Hal!

Jim B
Northern Michigan
temporarily on windows 98SE and Hal 6.0

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2008, 12:53:37 pm »
Jim

You are very welcome [:D]  You are lucky they work on your computer a lot of people the timer function doesn't work properly.  Anyway I'm happy it's working for you [:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 01:42:16 am »
The following may or may not be a part of the problem. I have noticed that some of the new Microsofts upgrades and that includes some of their firewall and other built in protection software interferes with several of my regular programs. In fact MS will stop me many time and ask if I want to run or continue running some program. This make me think that maybe some anti-virus programs may be blocking some Hal functions.
As an experient someone can turn off the anit-virus software and then run Hal to see if this makes a difference or not. Do not worry though because you can alway turn it back on.
Bill

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 09:16:09 am »

And what about a plugin running fine once, twice, maybe three times, and then saying bye for ever?

Any idea? [}:)]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!