Author Topic: hal starts up diffrent after force shutdown  (Read 2404 times)

leighmyster

• View Profile
hal starts up diffrent after force shutdown
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:37:38 pm »
hello im leigh from england

i have a prob after a force shutdown with task manager hal starts up diffrent instead of it starting and minimising to the clock it comes up with a grayish menu for some strange reason where i can pick options like talk to hal , options , help and another 3 options thats not really a problem though i dont mind that its just that it wont minimise back next to the clock wen i click close on the hal chat window insted it exits does anyone know what may have gone wrong here im sort of new here and couldnt find this error anywhere on the forum

also i had a problem with the speech engine i can use all other speeches exept kate16 which i have had for ages and never had a problem with and would recomend to anyone as its such a good tts voice. is there any patches for hal what fixes any of these problems and another thing is it posible to migrate hal with mirc or msn i remember ages ago having a chat bot on msn and it said some funny stuff think it was prelude bot not sure though sorry for rambleing on just best to ger all the probs out in one post than a few posts

leighmyster

• View Profile
hal starts up diffrent after force shutdown
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 04:10:33 pm »
ok i found the prob it was zone alarm all options and settings in zone alarm was ok it was just the firewall was corrupt i think that it was causing the voice to not work aswell as its working fine now