dupa

Author Topic: Good voices that lip sinc  (Read 2655 times)

cloudy

• View Profile
Good voices that lip sinc
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:39:19 am »
Hi
I am very new to all this and just bought a copy of Ultra Hal ass and the expansion pack.
I saw it on a friends computer and had to have it, he has Neospeech voices but they do not lip sync which is a shame.
Can anyone tell me are there any good (AT&T or other) voices that will actually work with Hal and lip sync with the characters.
I am planing on buying some but unless they lip sync then i cannot see its worth paying out money as thats half the fun watching the character talk rather than just staring at you.
Reading loads of posts and tons of web pages they dont seem give this info as far as i can see.

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:12:53 am »
quote:
Originally posted by cloudy

Hi
I am very new to all this and just bought a copy of Ultra Hal ass and the expansion pack.
I saw it on a friends computer and had to have it, he has Neospeech voices but they do not lip sync which is a shame.
Can anyone tell me are there any good (AT&T or other) voices that will actually work with Hal and lip sync with the characters.
I am planing on buying some but unless they lip sync then i cannot see its worth paying out money as thats half the fun watching the character talk rather than just staring at you.
Reading loads of posts and tons of web pages they dont seem give this info as far as i can see.

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks

Voices installed after Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 is installed will not lip sync with Haptek 3D characters unless you run the Haptek SAPI Config program. All you have to do is open the Haptek SAPI Config and then close it. This program can be found in your start menu and also there is a quick link from inside of Hal's options menu.

If you still have problems with the "VW Kate" voice, please select "VW Paul" as your voice, exchange a sentence with Hal, and then you can switch back to "VW Kate". Haptek needs to see both voices to properly register it.
Robert Medeksza

cloudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 03:22:54 pm »
Hi  Robert
Thanks for the quick response, i tried tonight on my friends computer with the advice given and after a few tries it worked for a short period but after shutting down the program and re booting it had no sound at all from any of the Sapi5 voices.
I then played around again and got it back to voice but no lip sync which is strange.
Although i have not bought any Neospeech voices for my laptop yet i think there seems to be a bug somewhere as the Microsoft Sam Sapi5 voice which came with my Ultra Hal assistant does the same thing.
I made sure i was using a lip sync character (in the window) and selected the Sam voice then went to the Haptek Sapi config and made it the default , when i selected Hal and typed
something in all i got was the speech and a balloon with words inside it.
All the Sapi4 voices work no problem at all.
I wonder if i should re install Hal over itself, would this be ok without messing up the serial number and activation?

Cheers