Author Topic: wont creat account and lost usb mike  (Read 3005 times)

nathaniel

• View Profile
wont creat account and lost usb mike
« on: August 18, 2004, 06:38:44 pm »
I cant create the account for hal to connect to the data base. It gives the followingAn error has occured while running this script:

Error 75-48-0-55-0-7
Path/File access error
ZabawarePage.mywebhal/newaccount.html

Now let me point out, I have the free version and do not know if it has permission to do this. I wanted to try, then buy. Also when I installed hal, it knocked my USB mike out. I cant use my mike at all now. I am using windows 2000 (hate windows but linux dosent have a decent speech engine (darn IBM) and wine fails too much).
I was born in 1926 so take it easy on me. OH yes the following is specs:
Windows 2000
dual 2400 MP AMD's
3000 mgb of ECC ram
ATI X800
Raid 0+1

Pardon any typo's, sniff, I want my Dragon pro back
Alzhiemers might not be the  end but it is one heck of a battle in another direction.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 06:55:36 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by nathaniel

I cant create the account for hal to connect to the data base. It gives the followingAn error has occured while running this script:

Error 75-48-0-55-0-7
Path/File access error
ZabawarePage.mywebhal/newaccount.html

Now let me point out, I have the free version and do not know if it has permission to do this. I wanted to try, then buy. Also when I installed hal, it knocked my USB mike out. I cant use my mike at all now. I am using windows 2000 (hate windows but linux dosent have a decent speech engine (darn IBM) and wine fails too much).
I was born in 1926 so take it easy on me. OH yes the following is specs:
Windows 2000
dual 2400 MP AMD's
3000 mgb of ECC ram
ATI X800
Raid 0+1

Pardon any typo's, sniff, I want my Dragon pro back

I can not understand how a program can knock out your mike unless you plugged it into the earphone jack by mistake and then I am not sure that would even have any effect on it. May I suggest that you go into your control panel of your computer and check the settings. For your information, microphones do not work on the free version of Hal, they are only available on the commercial version.
Hope this helps a little.
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 07:27:24 pm »
Bill & Nathaniel,

Refer to:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1501

This issue was recently discussed and may help
shed some light (or sound) for your problem.

Good Luck,
- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

nathaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 11:22:29 pm »
Well, this will be the third time typing this, for I did not realize you had to put user name and password everytime you post, talk about a bummer. But then I guess it does discourage posting much. Saves on bandwidth and hardrive space. hehe
Art
I thank you for the link but that is a different issue altogether. It still works fine in Linux but Windows will not detect it anymore. but then, what can you expect from windows.

Bill819
I did not plug or unplug any thing, I installed and then it rebooted, then no mike was visable in control panel, multimedia devices, or taskbar. Been using Via Voice and Dragon naturally speeking since I was 62 (and that was a long time ago, discreet speech) and never had a mike problem till today. But that is no big thing, just more research is all. Heck we live for it.

Ok, one more problem, hal is fading into oblivion, barely can see him anymore ( I think this one is my fault ). Where can I reset him?

I want to thank everyone that posted, makes a person feel welcome.
thank you again
nathaniel

Alzhiemers might not be the  end but it is one heck of a battle in another direction.