dupa

Author Topic: Dragon 10.1  (Read 9900 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »
I have just started using Dragon version 10.1 with Windows 7, I have version 10 but I had to download version 10.1 yesterday morning, since the file is over 1 Gb I believe it took over four hours for it to download completely.  I did some training with Dragon this morning and I am now doing this dictation using Dragon.  No mistakes so far, I would also like to mention that I am using a wireless headset which seems to work very well with Dragon.  The signal-to-noise ratio is 24 DB which I am pleased with.
 Carl 2

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 04:53:48 pm »
dragon is a good program.
best i have used. i use a logitech usb headset with it, and it works great. it uses neural nets to learn the speech patterns. pretty cool.
it does better than any other program when i change the background noise. for instance: if i have music playing in the background versus no music. it takes a little time to learn the adjustments, but it does it well.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:20:57 pm »
Hi,
you have done well, i spent about a week mucking about with dragon
10 but it just bugged me to death,
i got ten times better the results with sapi 5,  and that should not be the case.
i wrote to dragon about it and they sent me a add for dragon 10 [:p]
i used to run dragon 8 with good results but i never did get the back ups sorted "hackers wiped that out".

as you may have seen in my last youtube vid i used sapi 5 with one training session uncompleted and it worked pritty well.
now i've got to work out how to do a sapi backup.
i hope you's have worked out how to do a dragon backup, i told them it should be much more obvious.
bye for now and be well :)  :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:56:13 am »
There is still a lag in the software, I have to wait until the end of the month to update my HP printer software to be compatable with Win 7. Ran into this with Dragon also, it needs 10.1 instead of 10, earlier it was not compatable with 64 bit.  I'd spent time using the microsoft speech reconition and found myself trying to use dragon commands, my impression is dragon is much better.  
  As far as backups I remember copying a user file and putting it in another place similar to what we would do with a Hal brain.
  For training I've found imputting documents I've made in the past really speeds up the training.  
  I got involved with sapi while using Hal, I wanted to use a voice from earlier days and had to download the voice and use sapi 4 instead of sapi 5.  Once again thanks to the members of this forum.
Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:22:50 am »
Hi,
i feel i've been overly harsh on dragon 10,
not that i'm currently using it as its a long story about trying to cram a lot of software into the smallest pc i could find, that has probably more to do with my lack of joy with it.

i bet many probably most are getting fantastic results with it.
it sounds like it should be really good, people that are just starting are getting such a fantastic level of system.

bye for now and be well :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 09:46:22 am »
i have been checking on dragon 10 software and saw their you tube ad it looks like it works nice but says it needs at least a dual core processor and 2 gigahertz to run it so i am out of luck until an armored car loses a large bag off cash by where i live (wink !)[:)][:p]
 wonder what is the difference between the 10 package and the 10 special edition ? is it that the special addition has the included headset ?

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 04:41:07 pm »
Dragon 10 is a hog, but works well with the proper system.
It does some heavy calculations...including a genetic neural net.[:p]

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »
the sound of genetic neural nets, now thats a phraze when sayin makes me wish for that bag of cash to pay for a faster 8 inch pc.

rather not a lost bag thow :)

oh i could get some cheese for my cheese on toast, yum!

djkilla

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:04 pm »
For those that use are on the fence about Dragon..
The accuracy with a little training is amazing! Also there
are many commands that can be used to navigate through the desktop
apps if batch commands are a hassle. What I mean is that while Hal is open you can choose to leave the hal window and send commands quickly through the dragon software (switch between active windows etc). It does seem to be a bit of a hog on memory..just a little
extra info!
D

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 09:39:16 am »
I'd been using the enter key to input text, Just learned the correct command is "press enter".
Carl2

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 04:31:41 pm »
i discovered the "press enter" command by accident. i was happy to find it because i like to look at what i am entering into hal before i do. atleast until i get the speech recognition a little more trained.

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragon 10.1
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 04:56:43 pm »
For training I started dictation in the morning, making plans on what to try to get done during the day, In the evening I talked about what went on during the day. I've got dozens of documents like this I dictated then proof checked.
  I have two text files that contain names I might use, addresses, stores I shop, streets and nearby towns.  
  Putting in about 10 documents and 2 text files reduces the training need quite a lot.  I also have a wireless headset i used, very reasonable price and it gets me away from the wires. Newegg.com Asus wireless headset.  
Carl2