dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal TTS Problem?  (Read 4047 times)

tbishop_2010

• View Profile
Ultra Hal TTS Problem?
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:24:34 pm »
Hi, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum or I somehow missed the answer to this while sifting through the other topics.

I am looking for a decent Text-to-speech program mainly to use for listening to notes and online (text) lectures for school. The Ultra Hal TTS looks to be promising. I have downloaded the free version to get an idea of how it operates, but there are no voices listed in the program once I opened it. I tried to use some of the options such as the advanced speech for selected voice and pronunciations options. None seem to work. This could be because there are no voices to select in the drop down menu. I have read through and tried everything I could think of. So is it just because it's the free version and the basics are all that work until I purchase the full version? Or, could it be because I am running windows Vista Home Premium? Any thoughts and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Thomas

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford

Bill819

• View Profile
Ultra Hal TTS Problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:52:04 pm »
Did you set permissions in Vista before you ran those programs?
There have been problems with running Hal with Vista and that may apply with some of its optional programs.
Bill

tbishop_2010

• View Profile
Ultra Hal TTS Problem?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:44:07 pm »
The permissions are set. The program opens fine and will read text I enter into it. It just doesn't allow for me to use any of the voice options or pronunciation corrections. Is there a way to contact zabaware? The Hal chat bot looks promising as well, which is why I wanted to use the Ultra Hal text-to-speech first and then eventually by the other.

Thanks for your help.
Thomas

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford