Author Topic: Request for help on a new speaking English Lab  (Read 3682 times)

bablau

• View Profile
    • http://www.bablau.com
Request for help on a new speaking English Lab
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:51:06 am »
Does anyone know of a database that can be searched and the results spoken with msagent characters.

I have been writing 3 English for spanish speakers books for the last 16 years.

I have written over 2,000 animated scripts for multiple character conversation for the lab.

What I'm missing is a student input module.

example:
user: Where do you live?
dadtabase: I live in Chile.

I have looked at 100's of programs including Ultra Hal and
and answe pad. They use artificial intelligence and overide the answer we want the student learning English to receive.

A perfect approach would be for the data to have 2 columns.

Column one (for example) row one would hold a Question.
Column two row one would contain the msagent spoken response to the column one row 1 question.

This would be the final element in a ground breaking new way of learning a new language. See what I am doing with teaching English at  http://www.bablau.com

thks

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Request for help on a new speaking English Lab
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »
if you spam, you might not be listened to.  [8D]
just my humble opinion.  [:p]

as i said before you can use hal to do this. i have programmed enough for it to know what you are looking for and what it can do.
you need a plugin written to do what you want. there are a few people here that can do it. sometimes the right words can do wonders, just ask.

i don't want to be mean, but when people choose to annoy rather than be polite to get what they want, drives me a little crazy. if your job is to get people to be able to communicate better, you are not selling that very well. now, i will stop being an a*s and look into what it would take to write it.

sorry for the attitude, just a little tense.
welcome to the forum  [:)]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:42:03 pm by jasondude7116 »