dupa

Author Topic: what's the best best way to pre test words in hal ?  (Read 2720 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
what's the best best way to pre test words in hal ?
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:13:39 pm »
the reason i am wondering this is in my weather plug in i am making i need to test the word Brrr ( as in a person saying it's cold ,Brrr) and this may be the correct way to spell it for hal i don't know but i need to test it to see if it's what i want.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: what's the best best way to pre test words in hal ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »
If you say 'What is brrr' I wonder if Hal will reply with something like 'I do not know what Brrr is'.... if I understand you right...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:15:54 pm »
No that didn't work, my hal said i simply do not know, and when i did it again, didn't you just say something like that.
I guess maybe one way i could do it is open balboacca up and type in something and have it read it for the sound . 

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:28:29 pm »
Hal doesn't need to know whether Brrr is a correct word or not if the word is used inside of a text statement contained within the plug-in.

Similar to all those remarks that Hal used to say when running the Auto-Idle plug-in.

At least that's sort of along the lines of what I think you're talking about. Then again.... :-\
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:47:00 pm »
You could make a little plugin that you can turn on/off when you need it.  It's been a while since I did any vbscript though but something like...

Code: [Select]
If InStr(1, InputString, "@", 1) > 0 Then
     GetResponse = Replace(InputString, "@", "")
     HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

Or something like that.  the idea is that you prefix what you want Hal to say with an @ (or some other barely used symbol).

If I got the right command (Replace) it will take the input string and remove the @.  Then Hal says the word or line.

User : @brrr
Hal: brrr

This is just off the top of my head, you will probably need to play with it.