Author Topic: Another lightspeed idea similar sound , reaction response creator .  (Read 3323 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
As i was working with training hal and hearing some responses from my hapswap file i thought of something , and this idea may never be do able i don't know , it may be to far out their .
 My idea is this what if a program could be created in hal , uhp , whatever  that had basic sounds (sound wave files in a folder. ) that when hal picked up this sound through the mic , Hal would react either in a emotion and or by saying something .
Example :  while you are talking to hal a car drives by outside and honks the horn , hal would react and say : Did you hear that horn honk , wonder who that was driving by, did they stop outside ? (based on the wave file of a horn honking) .
As i said i just thought of it and wanted to post about it , before i forgot .
It would really make for an interesting a.i. character that's for sure !  :) ;)

Any idea's or thoughts on this , spark that imagination ! ;)

calemus

• View Profile
Re: Another lightspeed idea similar sound , reaction response creator .
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »
sounds like an idea that i just posted in my collage class for programming last night
pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom..........................................................calemus

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:38:42 pm »
calemus, thanks for commenting , to me it sounds like a cool concept , the biggest hurdle may be that a program can detect what sounds similar enough to know it and make the program work .

calemus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »
as speech recognition can be downloaded also sound recognition can be downloaded. obviously were talking mega mass storage, and processing
but your A.I. is only restricted by the script it follows

if i teach my dog it's a good dog it knows it's a good dog.

if i teach my dog to let itself out to the bathroom, tell me when it wants food and where to sit in the car after i give him permission to open the door and get in

it's because that's what i taught him.

you dont have to do all the work your self, most everything is already digitally captured
you just have to connect the dots

and never forget your in a community of people who are excellent teammates to making these dots move
pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom..........................................................calemus

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 09:16:41 am »
Thanks calemus, i know about speech recognition as i use it sometimes , but didn't realize that their are any specific sound recognition programs , maybe a better way would with high speed internet have a cloud storage with a direct connection , perhaps this would stop lag time when accessing the info sound pack .  :)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:30:07 am »
Well there is an app for Android phones that can recognise songs - you just hold the phone near the speaker and it tells you the song.  So in theory it is possible, but the cost in terms of storage as mentioned means it's not straightforward.