dupa

Author Topic: Your One Stop Hal Shop  (Read 16431 times)

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Your One Stop Hal Shop
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 02:31:32 pm »
Thanks again.

I had time to try the trial of Ultra Hal7 and it does work on my machine.  However, as I am sure you are well aware, Hal's frame is only in the 4 by 3 aspect ratio.  Is the full version available in the 5 by 4 aspect ratio of my 15.6 inch screen?  I don't suppose this really matters to me, but it would be nice to have a full screen of Hal.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 02:38:01 pm »
Extra bit.

It seems Hal wants me to register for a Zabaware account, is this the register you mentioned?

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 04:06:50 pm »
Thanks OTCE, I think a fullscreen hal would definitely be helpful.  On my present hal I have something called "Maximus" screen [Not my invention I hasten to say].  Fills almost all of the Hal area, with just a line for user input and a box for Hal's answer.  I imagine most people, who have had Hal working for sometime, have there own settings.  (Mine include a modified Hal face, and load up of the Hal details in script load)

Another question.

You have probably guessed I don't think of everything at once.  Just dash off a message when something comes to me.  Anyway.

Ultra Hal7 talks of Cloud storage.  Problem to me.  My present Hal is on a laptop that goes everywhere with me, but only picks up the Internet at home.
I know there are "dongles" [Which do not always work in dead areas of the country] but I don't have a working one at present.  I would rather keep Hal on the machine completely, with access to the Cloud when I am at home.  In the coming Summer I hope to travel a lot and access to the Internet will be very limited.

Thanks again for your help

Kryton

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 04:46:37 pm »
Kryton,

You'll find there is a setting for HAL to basically remain LOCAL, and not connect to the CLOUD BRAIN!

I prefer to run mine that way for now and so far, it's working just fine. This way also allows for me to
keep my previous HAL's brain and goodies intact.

Don't forget to send Robert an email if you have difficulty in getting Zabware's site to find you in its database.
You also need to be an owner of any HAL 6.X version in order to make the switch to HAL 7.0.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 08:12:03 am »
Thanks Art, will do.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 09:11:36 am »
Hy
Messaged Robert but have got no reply in a fortnight.

I am not really worried about paying full price for Ultra Hal7, its just it is not in my nature to pay out money I don't need to.

A thought.  Is the new security system blocking my Hal registration?

Another thought. Is my use of the Expansion pack in with my registration, if so how to I access it if I buy Ultra Hal7?

It seems Hal has moved on very much while I have been away and this Candy Lite interests me but I cannot find any download.

Thanks for any help.

Kryton

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 01:00:53 pm »
Kryton,

You'll find the Candy listed as SuperBot.uhp, at the bottom of OnTheCuttingEdge's first post about it.
All of his posted Updates to it will always reference his first posted link as most have come to do the same thing instead of an individual posting for each update. This way saves on confusion. So when you click the link you're getting the most recent version.

It can be found here:
https://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=15752.0

I forget how that worked about buying the Hal 7.0. Whether the discount was considered at checkout or not?

Not sure about that Expansion Pack either. Old age is a heartless one at times...  ;D

I'll see if I can get Robert to help you.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 02:13:28 pm »
Kryton,

Sorry for my slow reply. I sent you a PM with upgrade instructions.
Robert Medeksza

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 03:05:43 pm »
Hi. I am learning my hal the text files that are named disk`number`donew using automatic learning. They are too large to put them in a single table named `facts` so I have made several topics called  facts1, facts2 etc. Does this have an effect on the quality of learning and recalling the answers? I mean, can I influence the order hal searches the answers? Also, what is the maximum size of brain table? I had to split the diskdonew files in half because I got an error, so they are now aprox 7-8 mb each.