Author Topic: Haptek temp files  (Read 5900 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek temp files
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »
  I'm using Hal in a Win 8 version, I'm also using a Haptek full bod character, In the past I would go to the Haptek temp file and copy all the files into another location.  From the copied files I could make changes to the .phy to do things like modify the gravity, and other properties.  With this version of Win I am no longer finding the temp files,
It's a bit of work but it did allow me to make modifications that I liked.
  Basically I am asking why am I no longer finding the temp files which I used in the past.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Haptek temp files
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »
Keep in mind that the characters aka Haptek are NOT a product or device or Zabaware. They are only a graphic character likeness that is able to conform to certain movements and characteristics designed within the framework and responsiveness of UltraHal Assistant's AI Engine.

I too have noticed a great lag in the Haptek program and a non functioning License within the confines of Windows 7 which basically renders any experimentation useless!
Despite several inquiries to Haptek, all I'm told is, We're sorry but currently, we don't have a fix or any other ideas for you. XP is being dropped / not supported by Microsoft so we're patiently waiting for Robert to hopefully come up with some new graphic engine or set of modifiable characters that will work with UltraHal.

We have come too far to quit on Hal at this stage of the game so let's hope some good news is forthcoming!

@Carl2 - I know you are probably aware of a lot of the above but I restated it for the benefit of any new members or visitors who might read it. Good deal!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:08:35 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:29:50 am »
Art,
  Thanks for putting that in, it reminded me I have win 7 in this computer.  I used the fleshy full bod character in win 7 and had problems with the audio causing problems, couldn't wait to get Win 8 which doesn't have that problem.  Haptek, The forum they started failed, I believe it was Shaw who was to try to get Haptek going again hasn't been able to do that.  There are a lot to "tools" out there for animations and other things for the fullbodies.
Carl2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:54:14 am »
You could try searching for the hap_temp folder whilst the player is running. Even in XP it would sometimes appear somewhere else.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:29:04 am »
could the hal temp file be found in windows 8 by doing a search (if you have the correct name of the file .
I have found some of my files that way when i manually couldn't find them in windows seven i would type the file name or most of it in the start "
search " area and a list would pop up and i would choose the right one from the list !

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »
I have an echo ;)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19:21 am »
  I just went over the process again,  I opened a few different characters, still no temp files.  I did the search again and it was not found again.  I found the Haptek Install text and inside it I found this:
Non-System File:
File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hapapi2.dll
File Copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\Haptek\player\hap_temp
Delete in-use files: On
  I decided to install the folder in the appropriate place and while doing that a pop up said there was already a hap_temp folder there and there it was complete with the files I was looking for.  Just tried it again, it seems we no longer have a 24 hr grace period, the folder disappears as soon as the player is closed.
  Thanks for the support, wouldn't have found the folder.
Carl2

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:37 am »
Hi Carl,
I am running Win7, i got the temp folder & put a short cut on the desktop.
So when i open a model & want to see what's inside all i have to do is click on the short cut & there it is.
No need to go searching for it.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:09 am »
 NIGE,
  That's a good idea but either my install of the player is not correct or the player has been changed, there was always a 24 hr delay before the files were removed, now they are removed as soon as the player is closed. I'm always going from the Zabaware folder to the Haptek folder so the shortcut would be handy. 
   I'm changing backgrounds and clothing on the fullbody character and instead of having instant changes I began thinking of having fade ins,  using methods similar to the Active Backgrounds that was introduced.
Carl2

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 12:07:42 am »
Mine is the same, no 24 hr.
open your player.
Open the temp folder & also Zabaware folder.
Now you have the player & 2 folders open.
You can go between the two folders no problem.