Author Topic: An idea that may be helpful to hal users  (Read 3142 times)

Crueak

• View Profile
An idea that may be helpful to hal users
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:31:04 pm »
I know that i am new to hal just recently brought the program myself but one thing i noticed is the lack of web hosting for hal's files and such, cuz i'm thinking i may start a site for hosting ultra hal files and community use.  would this be a good idea or is it not needed?  'cuz from what i can tell this message board is the only real community site for hal.  thanks

Crueak

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 09:07:40 pm »
You might want to check outJerry's site http://www.ultrahalforum.com/Forum/phpBB2/index.php. There's a lot of good stuff there, too. Your basic premise is correct, but I think most of us have independently reached the conclusion that it's better for Hal brain scripts to stay here where they are subject to the community's scrutiny. Hal is capable of doing most anything with or to your pc that his programming allows, and there's so much potential for malicious mischief on the net, that an unsupervised Hal script site might turn out to be a really bad idea. If you have limitless bandwidth, a download center for People Putty characters and Haptek skins would be a good thing, though.

Crueak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 10:51:44 pm »
knyteTrypper i visited that link and there is nothing there, just  basicly a blank forum database and even through their premium section there is nothing.  seems to me it was a bad 5 bucks for that premium membership unless i'm missing a member area!

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:33:29 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Crueak

knyteTrypper i visited that link and there is nothing there, just  basicly a blank forum database and even through their premium section there is nothing.  seems to me it was a bad 5 bucks for that premium membership unless i'm missing a member area!

Hi Crueak.
I am the Administrator of WWW.UltraHalForum.com website, Do I understand that you have a Membership with the site and are having trouble accessing it, Did you sign-up for free or Premium membership?
If you signed up for premium membership and are having trouble then I will try to help you, Please send your E-mail address and your full name to UHEFStaff@ultrahalforum.com along with your screen name you signed on with at UltraHalForum.com and I will set you up and see if we can correct anything that may of happened with your account.

Everyone's membership seems to in order so please post back as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvience.

We are glad to help you and welcome you aboard.
Administrator
Gerald L.Blakley

Crueak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 08:00:42 am »
thank you sir, everything is straight now!