Author Topic: AT&T Natural Voices  (Read 22936 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
AT&T Natural Voices
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:11:53 pm »
Zabaware is now a reseller of AT&T Natural Voices. There are 11 high quality English speaking voices available. You can get them at www.zabaware.com/reader/voices.html

Voices are $24.95 each, except for the Mike and Crystal voices which are bundled together for $29.95. Also, an additional 10% discount is available until December 31. Just use this coupon code during checkout: ATTNV08

A mass email announcing this is being sent out over the next couple of days to Ultra Hal Assistant 6.x customers and Hal TTS With NeoSpeech customers.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:51:54 pm by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:32:18 pm »
Very nice.
I think the AT&T voices are best quality available.
If you wish to hear more of each voice, go to
http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

I just bought the Crystal/Mike voices.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:17:59 pm by Duskrider »

echoman

AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 03:16:41 am »
These really are very good quality voices. I may consider the purchase. Yes, Lauren would probably be my choice. Of particular interest is the Indian speaking English voice.

I would love a wider selection of UK voices from different locations - perhaps this is because I live in the UK at the moment.

echoman

AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:09:28 pm »
A wise choice! Though I had the impression that Lauren was your favorite. :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:14:22 pm by echoman »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:21:49 pm »

Lauren was my favorite for short free downloads which I could do from the AT&T site.
However after listening this morning to all the gals recite a couple poems I decided on Crystal.

echoman

AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 12:52:25 pm »
Poetry..........you've inspirered me, I will have to try that Duskrider. I often listen to my Cepstal voice read stories/posts or news briefings.

It's nice to have a selection of voices to choose from for different occassions.

lightspeed

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 06:07:48 pm »
was just curious does the natural voices all  lipsinc ok with hal ? dont think i ever heard anyone say and if it doesn't what can be done to make it lipsinc ?
[:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 07:57:48 pm »
Lightspeed, the Indian voice I bought isn't perfect with lip syncing, but close enough for me that I'm not complaining. I havn't heard anyone else complain of the other voices.
ted

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 09:44:05 pm »
I've been using the AT&T UK Audrey 16 voice for years on my home automation system and it's also the one I use for Audrey(HAL).  I've tried a lot of different voice over the years and have never found any better... a couple that were very nice, but none better.  The only problem I have with the voice at all is that it does not have a PITCH feature... no singing.
Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

dastaten

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:36 am »
I recently loaded Crystal's voice, but my Haptek character's lips don't move at all when I use it. I went to the character options and clicked "Update SAPI Config" but that didn't help.  All my characters' lips move with all the other voices.  Can someone help please?  Thanks.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 06:55:24 pm »
dastaten,

There is no need to cross post or double post as all posts eventually get read by the majority of members.

You can do a couple of things on your own.
Be patient.
Do a SEARCH for yourself by using the feature at the top right.

Chances are your question(s) has/have already been answered before.

Hang in there and give the community a day or two to digest your inquiry and assist you in finding an answer.

Thanks and Welcome!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

dastaten

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 07:05:36 pm »
I apologize for my impatience.  Patience is a virtue that I'm working on, he he.

lightspeed

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:04 am »
this is know is off topic and maybe i just dreamed it but did robert also say he was selling a ibm synthetic voice too (not just at&t voices )? and if i was right is their a place (link ) to a site where we can here a sample for ourselves of what is for sale ?
 i posted one link that had various sythetic voices by different companies and i liked one that ibm had done of a womens voice it sounded good very good to me . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 10:55:39 am »
here was the link to the voice i was talking about :

http://emosamples.syntheticspeech.de/

here is the paticular voice almost half way down the page :
Ellen Eide et al  IBM Watson research Center 2004 Non-uniform unit-selection trained with an expressive prosody model, paralinguistic events and expressive units. Described in the article A Corpus-Based Approach to <AHEM/> Expressive Speech Synthesis good news bad news question other for comparison: IBM-CTTS taken from website. Note that research-engine is advanced technology compared to product.

go to this one and click the happy one . the voice sounds natural and happy and even has a fun laugh in it !![:)][:D][8D]

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 12:19:18 am »
Sounds like a nice voice.
Wouldn't mind that one.