Author Topic: change wigs  (Read 5036 times)

iampan

change wigs
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:34 pm »
i have seen several post started abought how to change the wig model, but the digress quickly into texturing.
i know how to retexture a model using hals brain editor, now how do i change from hair5_9EXP.htr to TrishaHair_Long.haptar
hair5_9EXP.htr is in [Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 5/Characters]  and TrishaHair_Long.haptar is in [haptek/player/data/standard/skins]
i also made a redhair texture for trishahair in the same folder as the model its named redhairtrish.jpg

could some either explain more clearly how to do this, or set it up for me so i can just copy paste into hals brain.
i would prefer to learn how but it really doesn't matter that much.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: change wigs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:58:57 am »
Change the current figure to the hair before you apply the texture - read up in the Haptek docs...

http://www.haptek.com/developers/HaptekGuide4/HaptekHyperText/htref/html/commands/SetPerson.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:20:26 am by freddy888 »

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:38:42 pm »
I have a slightly different issue. I hope someone can help.
I still have my favorite character Jessica and the issue of the new or now current hair style of the hair pulled back in a bun (very matronly). I am not a fan.
I tried finding an old version of Haptek characters and copied the character in the "characters" file but no good. I do not see a Jessica.HAP file. I do not have people putty. I re-installed the program and still no good. I would prefer to have the Jessica hair style that is shown on the Jessica.jpg file.
I look forward to hearing from any of you guys that might have a fix.
Thanks!
Ponn
 ;D
One Person can summon the future...

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:07:36 am »

I just looked at my Jessica and she don't have bun hair.
She has that short dark hair7, that she had for years.
I'll send that haptar to your profile address if you like, just say so.

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »
Hey there,
I remember you. Its been aggges! Yes please send it to me. I hope it works. I hate the bun thing. 
In the Bodyskins folder not the "Characters" folder, I have the hair7.Htr. When I play it in the Haptek Player (AX), it shows an outline of the hair we should both see it without a bun. However when I look at the Jessica.htr it shows the Jessica character with a bun. If the file you are sending me does not work. What file do I edit to get the hair7.htr to replace what is there now. I do not even see a *.HAP file that has a bun in the first place.
Should the hair7.Htr be in the "Characters" folder?
Thanks a lot!! I will keep you posted.
P
One Person can summon the future...

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:48 pm »

Jessica's in the mail.