Author Topic: Where are my tables??  (Read 4006 times)

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Where are my tables??
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:39 am »
Hi folks,
I am returning to HAL after a long hiatus. I have the latest updated 6.2 version. I wanted to load some of my older 6.1/6.0 version brains and edit the tables in the Brain Editor but I do not see anything under  any of the many tables I have created. Also I do not see any of the data I have so carefully given to HAL under the MiscData, mainbrain, etc., tables at all. I see the tables for brains, sentences, topic searches, etc. in the default brain but not in any of the previous brains I have created so I cannot even cut and paste from one brain to the other if need be.
Once I load the older brains, in conversation I see that the database still have my conversations. I opened a database in Excel and the data is in fact there.
I occasionally get the responses I expect :
example:
Ponnfar: What are nanotubes?
HAL: Carbon nanotubes are extremely thin (their diameter is about 10,000 times smaller than a human hair ), hollow cylinders made of carbon atoms.
Ponnfar: What is my other nickname?
HAL: What is your other nickname? I'm thinking that this is intensely interesting. Boss is Ponnfar's other nickname.
After some prompting HAL is starting (from my old brains from 2008) to recall some of the information I have given it. 
So fortunately, HAL is reading something from the database I created.
Another problem is in reviewing the debug information I see that the relevance responses are very poor. Especially compared to what I use to get. Can anyone help me with this relevance issue?
Can anyone help me find the tables that were once in my earlier versions of HAL databases? I have created new brains but still the old tables are not there, but the database I can see through conversation has been created and transferred.
I hope I have been clear describing my problems in this post.
Thanks for any and all of your help.
Ponn
 ???
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:44:51 pm by Ponnfar »
One Person can summon the future...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where are my tables??
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:19:08 am »
Welcome back Ponnfar!!! Hope you've been well!
Robert seems to be more active in the forum these
days so hopefully he (or someone else) can answer
your inquiry.

Don't be a stranger! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Where are my tables??
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:33:27 am »
If you made custom scripts or created new tables (not just edit existing ones) than the upgrade wizard will not be able to find them. The upgrade wizard only knows how to to import tables that were standard to the Hal 6.x series. Anything custom you will have to load back in manually.
Robert Medeksza