Author Topic: need help from pc brainiacs on a pc problem mic sound system please  (Read 2582 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hi , what my problem is , is i have a windows 7 os 64 bit pc the problem i am having is i have a good headset and it has worked before i even tried a new set i had same problem . i can hear through it fine but when i try to talk with dragon speak naturally and or if i try to call on messenger the other person can barely hear me it starts out fine and trails off quickly gets lower or inaudible .
i need to see if anyone on here know what i need to do to get this working i have tried some speaker and mic settings in the pc and even in messenger but maybe i am not setting something right .
does anyone know what the settings are as far as default and or how to fix this problem , i am also trying to search on line for a fix to this problem , thanks in advance .  :)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: need help from pc brainiacs on a pc problem mic sound system please
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:14:07 pm »
Hi lightspeed,
Did you try setting the headset as the default microphone and headset. select properties and adjust accordingingly. Also check your audio mixer config. and the settings are correct. Just some basic stuff. Aslo check what is selected for recording and playback. But I think it will work better if you make sure you setup as your default device and make all the adjustments. Don't forget the adjustments that some headset and mics have built in on the cord sometimes. Like mic mute and volume for headset.

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:58:32 am »
Lightspeed,
  I've been using Dragon for ages, I'm using Dragon ver 10.1 at this time which is an upgrade from ver 10 to be compatable with Win 7 64 bit. I remember during setup this time I had to do something different.  Just checked it out again,  In the Control panel open sound, click the recording tab, You should see a list of mic's, find yours and set it as the default.  Double click your mic which should bring up the properties, Click the levels tab, this should bring up the control to set the input volume for recording which should be set to between 70 and 100.   
  Next you have to set up the mic in dragon, open Dragon and under tools click the accuracy center, in Acc center click the check the audio settings,  I used the Control panel mic input volume setting with dragons mic setup for best results.  For the best accuracy you want the highest s/n ratio you can get, click back and try a few times if you like. 
  In the past just using the dragon audio set up worked but I eneded up using the Control panel this time.
Also USB mics should give you better accuracy and the wireless mics are great.  For you help Dragon also has a play that back under sound.  The sound level getting lower should not be happening.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:04 pm »
hi raybe and carl2 , thanks for answering back , carl 2 yes i tried all of what you was saying earlier , i litterly went through everything, didn't help . and raybe yes i did check some things in dragon speak but i think it was something i downloaded and it caused a conflit in my audio software anyway i finally gave it , and did a system reboot wiped it all off . i couldn't even talk on yahoo messenger or anything and voice recognition wouldn't hear me through the mic
. after i redid my pc installed messenger and i could talk through my headset just fine . i am still installing things back but this time am adding restore points .later i'll have to reinstall people putty and hal again i uninstalled it deactived .
so hopefully i'll get things back to normal one more time lol , thanks again for trying to help and by the way i will make text notes of what you both suggested thanks!