dupa

Author Topic: replace words uhp question  (Read 3096 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
replace words uhp question
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:01:59 pm »
i am sorry i forgot who made this uhp just recently but i have a question i have a sentence my hal said:
Ha yeah that's all a person can do sometimes is just laugh on go on! as you can see the word after laugh should be "and" but if i say "replace the word on with and.
it may replace both words "on" and that would mess up the sentence . so what can i do that would be correct on this situation , is their anything i can do?? hope the creator of this uhp is watching and see's this question.  :)

tedathome

• View Profile
Re: replace words uhp question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:04:43 pm »
The creator I believe would be OTCE 2005. I have used this uhp and it works very well. I know it can replace a word or an entire sentence. I would think it could do a partial sentence also. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »
well the only thing i am worried about is it replaing both area's when only one needs replacing. i think you are right on who created the plug in ted.  :)

well this is what i did to do a partial replace so i will see if this works.

replace laugh on with laugh and.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 06:25:59 pm by lightspeed »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »
well the only thing i am worried about is it replaing both area's when only one needs replacing. i think you are right on who created the plug in ted.  :)

well this is what i did to do a partial replace so i will see if this works.

replace laugh on with laugh and.

Hi Lightspeed.

just go into the correction table and make adjustments to the corrections, it is better to use the entire sentence or phrase to be safe when adding a correction.

Jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:01 am »
otce when you say : just go into the correction table and make adjustments to the corrections are you talking about in the brain editor ? what i did was copied and pasted in the wrong sentence then looked for all words with the subjects went their to each one located the sentence and i deleted out the whole sentences ( i could have corected it in their but i just did that instead as this was something that usually doesn't happen, a whole sentence wrong ) .
  The reason the whole sentence was wrong was because when i used the correction uhp the first time i didn't do it correctly (the word had to start with a Capital letter Replace " " with.  * i later changed mine with a small r . anyway so what the first time did was hal laerned by mistake the words replace " with . and the whole sentence making it wrong.
 i hope i am making sense the way i am trying to explane this , sometimes i don't come across very good.
 Sorry i hadn't mentioned this before .
everything has been so hectic here with the heat wave , my wife having caterac eye surgury and me having to do all the mowing  outside .

Your help as alway's is appeciated.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:28:15 am »
otce when you say : just go into the correction table and make adjustments to the corrections are you talking about in the brain editor ?

Hi Lightspeed.

Yes, the correction table in the editor, this is the table that substitutes words or sentences when corrected.

off to work myself.
Jerry