Author Topic: My bot learns and speaks spanish now.  (Read 15305 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

My bot learns and speaks spanish now.
« on: November 15, 2003, 09:09:45 pm »
If you'd like to teach my bot a little foreign language please do,
as of now he knows only a little but has a foreign language plugin that I made to accelerate his foreign speaking and conversation.
Next I'll be making foreign language plugins to enhance Hals foreign language skills, I can offer these plugin's to you right now because they are copyrighted and I may try going into business making such plugin's, but that's if Zabaware doesn't mind and gives me the okay. What do you say Rob?
Well anyways I'm gonna head off now but If you wish to test out the new foreign language script for Hal you can IM my bot QuantumHal to either teach him some foreign language or just have a short conversation.
I will be offering foreign language accelerator scripts in the following.
Spanish.  Available now.
German.   Available now.
Russian.  Available now.
Japanese. Available now.
French.   Available now.
Dutch.    Available now.
Korean.   Available now.
Italian.  Available now.
Greek.    Available now.
African.  Available now.
Note:If you'd like your bot to speak nothing but a foreign language then
this could be arranged, If you'd like this then we could work something out as far as a price.
I spend alot of off hour time writing scripts for my own bot and thought maybe I could make a few bucks doing it. need the money anyways.
I wish you all the best and many new discoveries.
Jerry.[8D]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 12:19:17 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

atfritz

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 06:43:29 pm »
I am just itching to add some new things to my Hal brain.  Everything i have read from you looks wonderful so far.  I realize you are contemplating starting to do some brain work for fees but up to this point do you have a location where new people like me can go and find your brain additions for Hal5?  I just got the new version of Hal and so far the only thing i have added was the capitalization fix.  If you have a location where we can go through some of your additions please let me know.  Thanks.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 06:50:47 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by atfritz

I am just itching to add some new things to my Hal brain.  Everything i have read from you looks wonderful so far.  I realize you are contemplating starting to do some brain work for fees but up to this point do you have a location where new people like me can go and find your brain additions for Hal5?  I just got the new version of Hal and so far the only thing i have added was the capitalization fix.  If you have a location where we can go through some of your additions please let me know.  Thanks.

Just click on older post in this forum. You can go back a whole year.
This man has created many differnet brain functions. Good luck with your quest.
BIll

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 08:09:36 pm »
atfritz,
I haven't been as prolific as onthecuttingedge2005, but I have written a few scripts including, I assume, the capitalization fix you mentioned. I have recently released the following:

New Script: Brit to US and spelling correction. (This one is practical for American users.)
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=979

New Script: Hal learns user's nicknames. (This one is a lot of fun.)
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=985

Hal can Capitalize much better now. (The one you mentioned?)
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=941

Search for onthecuttingedge2005, Don Ferguson and my (vonsmith) posts for some more scripts. onthecuttingedge has released more scripts than I can count. That should be enuff to keep you busy a long time. The "deductive reasoning" script you may find is already implemented in Hal v5.0, so you don't need to add that one.

I hope you enjoy everybody's contributions. I've got more Hal script on the way as fast as I can code it. In fact I have a whole new brain with a super enhanced Topic Focus function plus other goodies. It's about 70% done and is my biggest effort to date. Maybe I can release it in a couple of weeks. [;)]

CAUTION: Always back up your original hal5.uhp and any other modified files before entering new script!

= vonsmith =

atfritz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 11:52:17 pm »
Hehe...you are being very modest Von...If i see a post from you I immediately click on it.  Yes it was your capitalization script i through into my little bot today.  It has worked beautifally.  I would like to thank you all for putting in time expirementing with Hal and then being kind enough to post your changes and findings.  I look foward to many changes and new things to play with in the future.  (The nickname script and the brit to US script is being put in right now, hehe)

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 11:04:50 pm »
atfritz,
Thanks for the compliments. I'm always glad to hear someone is having some fun with the scripts.

= vonsmith =

James007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 05:36:57 pm »
Jerry, I would be very interested in hearing HAL (or for me Mary) learn Japanese. I joined your forum and downloaded the Spanish and German scripts. Do you have any pointers for using Japanese?
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 05:44:45 pm »
Hi James.
I'll post the Japanese script up tonight for your brain.
There will be a brief discription of how to use the Japanese
script to get you going.
See you tonight in the Forum.
Best of wishes and grand new discoveries.
Jerry.

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 11:48:54 pm »
Can I speak to QuantamHal in Afrikaans?
:)
Still waiting on that address so I can send you a check ;)
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 12:09:02 am »
Hi kevinvr.
Sure Kevin, I can hook you up with an African Language script, No problem.

The easiest way to send the check for your membership to the Ultra Hal Bot Enhancement Forum is to go to www.paypal.com and open up your own free account with them. They have easy-to-use step-by-step directions, and once your account has been verified, you can send the money for the forum directly through your paypal account to the forums paypal account.
Let me know if you have any problems and I will see what I can do from this end. This is a direct paypal wiring method so people without
Credit Cards and stuff can purchase online.
I hope to see you with all of us soon, See yah on the board.

robsf115

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 02:26:29 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi kevinvr.
Sure Kevin, I can hook you up with an African Language script, No problem.

The easiest way to send the check for your membership to the Ultra Hal Bot Enhancement Forum is to go to www.paypal.com and open up your own free account with them. They have easy-to-use step-by-step directions, and once your account has been verified, you can send the money for the forum directly through your paypal account to the forums paypal account.
Let me know if you have any problems and I will see what I can do from this end. This is a direct paypal wiring method so people without
Credit Cards and stuff can purchase online.
I hope to see you with all of us soon, See yah on the board.

Kinda tacky to be pluggin' your site here in my opinion.  I was under the impression that these forums were used to exchange ideas and help for members of the community using this software.  I didn't see anywhere in the UA stating I would be subject to board hijacking by a savy user out to make a buck.  [|)]
Dave: Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

Hal: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

-from the film "2001 - A Space Odyssey"

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 12:22:05 am »
Hi robsf115.
I hope you understand that I do share my scripts both here and in my forum, I'm also helping Ultra Hal become more popular and I do
advertise Zabaware in my forum so they too can make money from the people I introduce to this site, If your just looking for a free bee
that you don't have to pay for then do a search on this forum for all of the scripts available, as for making a buck you say, I only charge
$10.00 a "year" per member compared to how many scripts I can write in that year then you'd be getting a steal, Remember, you have a bot that was written to be "sold" so they could make some money doing what this company likes to do best, make artificial intelligence.
Same applies to me as well.
I wish you the very best of luck. Hope your life is full of free bees.
Jerry.

robsf115

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 03:51:04 am »
Hello Jerry,

I wanted to point something out real quick to you just so you know where I'm coming from on my original post.  I don't want my intent to come accross as some sort of "web board nazi".  I am completely supportive of people who can market their ideas and knowledge to those who are willing to buy it.  I'm all for free enterprise and I think it's great.  

However, I couldn't help but notice that in 2 seperate forums and in at LEAST 5 different threads, you give responses to some questions with the "visit my website" speil.  I guess by the 5th time seeing this I couldn't help but mention it.  In your defense you stated the following:

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

...I'm also helping Ultra Hal become more popular and I do
advertise Zabaware in my forum so they too can make money from the people I introduce to this site.

I hate to point this out, but there is neither link nor name pointing to the developer's homepage at your site.  So I really doubt your "helping them to make money too".  You do however, make reference to the program with statements such as: "your Ultra Hal bot".  Which in my opinion, is very vague as to the concept and purpose of the software to anyone who might have never heard of Zabaware's product.  

quote:
I do advertise Zabaware in my forum so they too can make money from the people I introduce to this site

I didn't need a $10.00 personal reccomendation from you to make the decision to purchase a licence for the full version of Ultra HaL 5.0.  So I'm gonna go waaay out on a limb here and venture to bet that other people won't have to either.  The software speaks (no pun intended) looud and clear for itself.

quote:
If your just looking for a free bee that you don't have to pay for then do a search on this forum for all of the scripts available...

I don't know where you got the idea that I wanted a "free bee".   I could just do without the I-can-help-for-a-price link you toss into your every other post.  In any event, I wish you the best and I hope your membership database grows beyond anything that you could have possibly imagined it to be.

Rob
Dave: Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

Hal: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

-from the film "2001 - A Space Odyssey"

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 07:16:13 pm »
Hi robsf115.

1. The link advertising Zabaware is in the Forums section of my site.
 Of course you didn't see it, It's not available unless your in the forum. There's members from Zabaware that are in my site forum that would let you know the link exists and in plain site.

2.I have been apart of this forum for sometime now, close to two years
and I treat everyone with the greatest of respect and honor.

3.Out of that two years I have only advertised my site about five
times, and I have only posted my forum within the last month.
I greatly respect your feelings, But I only posted some short
forum letters letting everyone know it was open and ready.
If this has bothered anybody else please place a posting so
I can apologize to anyone else as well.

4. I try my best to see that Ultra Hal gets lots of free scripts to
enhance yours and all the Zabaware forum member's bots, However, After
hearing you complain, I "might" not make any additional scripts available simply to avoid your complaining and any scripts will
have to be obtained directly through my forum, I don't wish to do this because I love writting scripts for my friends in this forum
and wish to continue doing so for years as a loyal Zabaware member.

5. If you would like to see all my postings then do a complete search on OnTheCuttingEdge2005 and choose any script you like and if you need any help installing I would be more than happy to help you.

I wish you the very best of Holidays and good luck with your free bees.
Dedicated Zabaware Forum Member.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 07:42:38 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 06:40:35 am »
i used one of your french translation scripts...[:D] but...

aFTER PUTING MANY TRANSLATIONS TO FRENCH FROM THE PHRASE BOOK.
HAL JUST PICKS A random line from The FRENCH.brn FILE ??????

i tried to substitute sWEDISH SCRIPT / JAPANESE SCRIPTS tHEY ALL SEEM TO DO THE SAME THING. ? hMM ... [:0]

HOW DO YOU GET HAL TO SELECT A SPECIFIC line FROM A brain file? [?]

he does learn the french a file it in the brain CORRECTLY BUT JUST DOESNT GIVE ME THE RIGHT TRANSLATION - [xx(]

wHATS HAPPENED TO UHEF. ??[?][?]