dupa

Author Topic: Orange Alert from Ultra Hal TTS?  (Read 3735 times)

dataless

• View Profile
Orange Alert from Ultra Hal TTS?
« on: April 02, 2005, 09:21:12 pm »
OK, I put in code to "Guiver" Ultra Hal to select the desired voices using SendKeys controlled by a table that users can hopefully fiddle into operation. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it turns the Task Bar tile for Ultra Hal a pretty shade of Orange without changing the speaker, all without ANY indications as to what Ultra Hal might be complaining about! Is there some sort of hidden error log somewhere, or maybe a short list of what can turn it orange? Code in Ultra Hal obviously recognizes the presence of a problem to decide that orange is its color, but just doesn't seem to want to give me a clue as to what its problem is.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve

FuzzieDice

Orange Alert from Ultra Hal TTS?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 12:07:32 am »
Usually the task bar turns orange if a program in the taskbar is running in the background and needs your input or attention for something. If nothing is there, sometimes it just is to signal you that it finished a task of some kind. That will happen sometimes with ANY program, not just Hal. But I agree, there should have been some indication of what exactly Hal had just done or tried to do, or needed your attention for. Maybe the attention was an error meaning it wasn't able to do what you had wanted it to.