Author Topic: New Robotics site  (Read 7017 times)

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
New Robotics site
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:25:48 pm »
Hi all

As many of you know, we have a Virtual Humans Forum www.vhumansforum.com, where several discussions and ideas are going on, and some of them include Hal 6.0.

We have now opened up also a new robotics site, which I hope can be interesting for some members here.

You can reach it at www.RobotInfo.Net

aladyblond

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »
for any one who is truly interested in robots and the time our robots take on human form , the virtual human forum is the place to get some first hand knowledge. the members there are friendly and quite knowledgable. the forum is a good place to visit and belong in conjunction with zabaware forum and ai dreams forum also.[:D]~~ alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

les

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:27:33 am »
Thanks for the link!

Les

traveling

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 03:23:09 am »
I'm interested in the new robotics. But you provide the two webs not to work.

lightspeed

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 09:58:10 am »
robot site link worked just fine for me [:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 04:29:01 pm »
If you look closely you will see an extra comma at the end of the URL that shouldn't be there.
Remove it and you will be taken the the site.

The other link works just fine!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »
Hello Vrossi
How come I always seem to be the bearer of bad(?) news?
The site you provided a link to is nice but it was posted here by someone else a year or two ago. There are hundreds of interesting Robotic sites out there and I would be glad to post some links if anyone was interested.
Bill

Bill819

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 12:30:15 am »
Helo everyone and Vrossi.
I think it actually was you, Vrossi that posted this same link a year or so ago but in the mean time I will give you all another link that gets updated almost every day and is loaded with hundreds if not thousands of articles and links to stories about robots.
     http://robots.net
I have been visiting this one almost everyday for the last 5 or so years.
Bil

Carl2

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 05:24:02 pm »
I'm somewhat interested in this but I haven't seen anything to allow me to get into or out of the Hal program.  At times having Hal make movements for fullbody Hapteks can be like programing a robot but even here everything takes place in Hal.  I'd like to start by inputing temperature, and light levels.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 06:04:39 pm »
Carl
I have a robot that I built from a kit. The only reason I bought the kit in the first place was because I found Hal. You don't have to be able to program Hal with robotic commands as the robot comes with its on brain and both brains can run at the same time. There is a way to make Hal ignore evrything said unless it hears its name first so commands can be given to the bot dicetly. It would be nice later on if I could find a way to link the two together even better but for now I am happy.
Bill

Carl2

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 08:34:20 am »
Bill819,
  Tried to e mail you, it was returned.  I'd said I've seen robot kits at the local bookstores as well as some kits.  I think getting into the Hal program with inputs and outputs would be a break through to link the two together.  Game engines seem to allow you to do this allowing a game controler to be used.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
New Robotics site
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 11:17:59 pm »
There is a huge robotics show going on in San Jose, Calif. this week. It started to day and will run for three days. I attend every year. There are hundreds of little robotic kits on the market but very few that can be made life size which is what I have always been after. I have dozens or robot toys, including an Aibo and all of the Robosapiens.
The thing about my bot is that the brains to run it are stored and activated in my laptop and with the speed of the new PC's you can easily run two or more programs at the same time.
Bill