dupa

Author Topic: backing up ms voice recognition files  (Read 3469 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
backing up ms voice recognition files
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:02 am »
as i like the voice recognition option and hal would like to use it again but still want to find out how to back up the training files so i asked on the yahoo ask questions forum to see if anyone else may know what files we need to back up on microsoft in the voice recognition when we do training , hopefully someone else may know if i find out anything will let others on here know .
this was what i asked on that forum :

Your Question
what files do i need to back up in microsoft when i use voice recognition ? ?
when i use voice recognition in microsoft and do many days etc. of voice training what files do i need to back up to save all my training so i don't lose it in case of pc problems ??
any help would be greatly appreciated !!

i may try some other places to

[:)][:D][8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:40:17 am »
Is there no information at the Microsux site ?

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 12:22:05 pm »
I HEARD it can be done with Vista, but not XP.

I don't know, never tried it in Vista.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:55:26 pm »
yeah freddy thats another place and also on some forums that i am going to check next , just been to sick to do to much lately . [:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:58:39 pm »
Lightspeed,

A copy of Speech Rec. comes with 6.1 hal distribution disk, I tried to use it when I had XP.  It's from MicroSoft.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:50:12 am »
Darcy,
so, are you saying to go t o the most obvious site??  [:D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 07:29:38 am »
i may have found the solution for backing up your vouce recognition file check out this link :http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/tabletpc/expert/vanwest_lexicon.mspx

and here is something from that page :

Back up or Duplicate Your Speech Recognition Profile
After you've invested time and effort training your voice recognition profile, the last thing you want is to have to redo it after a system failure or when you move your profile to a new Tablet PC. Until recently the speech profile was located in several files scattered around the hard disk. Unless you backed up the entire contents of your hard drive, you'd be unlikely to have a backup of these files. However, a new tool helps fix that problem.

The Speech Recognition Profile Manager tool is a free download. After it is installed, you can move your entire speech profile to a backup folder and restore it. Or, you can export it to a new Tablet PC. If you do import it on a new Tablet PC, you'll need to rerun the Microphone Wizard to adjust the profile for the new sound card and new microphone. Speech recognition will be slightly worse on the new Tablet PC until the profile adjusts for the new hardware.

To install Speech Profile Manager
 Download the Speech Recognition Profile Manager tool.

Double-tap it to unzip it.

Click Yes to accept the License agreement.

When the WinZip Self Extractor Window opens, change the Unzip to Folder field to go to C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsAccessories.

Click Unzip.

Close the WinZip Self Extractor Window.

To use Speech Profile Manager
 Tap Start, tap All Programs, tap Accessories, and then tap SpProfileMgr.

Select a voice profile from the list. Most users have only one default profile, as shown in Figure 6.

Tap Export, and then specify a location in which to save the file. If you're backing up the profile, this should be on another computer or on some kind of removable media.

If you want to reinstall the profile, simply open Speech Profile Manager, tap Import, and then choose the correct profile. After importing it, you may need to go to Speech in Control Panel, and then select the appropriate profile to use for speech. You'll also need to rerun the Microphone Wizard. Because the Tablet PC's handwriting user dictionary piggy-backs on the custom words dictionary used by handwriting, backing up the speech recognition profile will back up your user dictionary as well.

if this works for anyone please let others know as i have been very sick and my wife to so may not be able to try it for a while .

as i said please if anyone tries it and it works let others on her know in this section , thanks !![:)][:D][8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:26:45 am »
Sorry to hear you are unwell [:(]  Least you found something though, I always find the MS site to be a pain for finding information.

Get well soon [:D]