dupa

Author Topic: Permission denied - text to wav  (Read 6065 times)

theuns

• View Profile
Permission denied - text to wav
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:26:30 am »
On the free Ultra Hal:

When I try "Convert text into wav Audio file" the result is:
Popup to Say "Wave file created" , then when I click ok the result is:
popup to say ! Runtime error '70' : Permission denied and no file is saved.

Anybody?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Permission denied - text to wav
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 08:39:38 pm »
Welcome!

What you're describing is not the Free UltraHal...it is the Free Hal Text-to Speech Reader (completely different program).

All I can offer is to make sure you have a voice selected in the drop down window, try to have the sliders on the right side close to center / middle.

Type or paste your text in the window then select Convert to Wav.

Let the program stop speaking before you go ahead and save.

I went through a couple of bombs on this one too until I tried the above.

Good luck and try the other Free Hal (The UltraHal Assistant).[:)]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

brotherrolf

Re: Permission denied - text to wav
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:17:08 pm »
I had same problem, finally got it to work withvolume high, pitch halfway, speed halfway and "Rich" voice.

Hasdavidna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:20:27 pm »
I want to write output from the TextToSpeech engine to my app's cache directory. In order to for the TTS to write there I first have to give it permissions to do so. But I don't know how. I understand that normally such problems can be solved by handing a FileDescriptor over thus giving permissions to access a specific file. But I can't do that with TTS, as the TextToSpeech.synthesizeToFile method only accepts the file path as a String, no FileDescriptor. So what to do?

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:09:00 am »
  Sorry for the delay in answering this, Your running into a problem with the security.  If you right click the Zabaware folder You should get a list of options, the bottom line is properties, click the properties which should give you the Zabaware Properties, click the security tab.  If you click edit it should bring up the Permissions for Zabaware box, I added my name and gave it permission for full control, You may have to try a few different things but you want permission th read and write.  There Is also taking ownership of the folders and sub files.
Carl2