Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 3560 times)

Kim1216

• View Profile
Frustrated
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:25:08 pm »
I'm having several problems with Ultra Hal text-to-speech, one now being that it's telling me it's running AFTER I've closed it. So now it won't run again. I closed it because it wasn't reading dialogue boxes or instant messages. I thought if I reopened it, it would read something, but it won't open because I get a message saying it's already running. It's no way in the system tray, so I don't see how it can be running when I closed it.

I have yet to receive an answer about my previous issues which still exist. The only way it reads anything is it's pasted into the text window. It will not read AIMs or dialogue boxes, and those items are checked. It does not pronounce the name Charlie. In fact, it says "he is not busy." That's ridiculous. And I can't get the pronunciation window open to change anything.

I'd think there'd be better customer support for something that is paid for, such as the Neospeech.

Kim

onthecuttingedge2005

Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 05:53:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Kim1216

I'm having several problems with Ultra Hal text-to-speech, one now being that it's telling me it's running AFTER I've closed it. So now it won't run again. I closed it because it wasn't reading dialogue boxes or instant messages. I thought if I reopened it, it would read something, but it won't open because I get a message saying it's already running. It's no way in the system tray, so I don't see how it can be running when I closed it.

I have yet to receive an answer about my previous issues which still exist. The only way it reads anything is it's pasted into the text window. It will not read AIMs or dialogue boxes, and those items are checked. It does not pronounce the name Charlie. In fact, it says "he is not busy." That's ridiculous. And I can't get the pronunciation window open to change anything.

I'd think there'd be better customer support for something that is paid for, such as the Neospeech.

Kim

Hi Kim.
You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del and bring up the 'task manager', find the program in 'processes' and end the program by right clicking on it and choose 'end program'this will allow you to restart the program at a later time if it didn't close properly.

Jerry[8D]

Kim1216

• View Profile
Frustrated
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 07:21:00 pm »
Thanks. That did help as far as closing it.