Author Topic: request to cyberjedi accentuated voice on hal  (Read 8131 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
request to cyberjedi accentuated voice on hal
« on: January 05, 2017, 06:05:01 pm »
cyberjedi , i know you are working on several other things but i would like to bring up a request for something i have talked about in the past with hal's program , as you know that are some programs "voice " that can accentuate words .
I have talked about that it would be nice that if hal could accentuate words . example  would be better if a person using capital letters  , example  HI .
I believe within hals programing capital letters are changed back to normal when learning ?
This way anyone could easily use capital letters and words , so hal would raise the voice and or pitch ? to accentuate it for a different meaning in the speech to the user.

Anyway this was something i brought up a long time ago , and you may be able to pull it off , if and when you have the time and if you are interested in it.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Re: request to cyberjedi accentuated voice on hal
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »
hahahahhah

ya

i have a voice that does that already

its in the voice more then the coding
i have messed with this some
not sure how cool it would be for me to link what i have to here though,  as to where i got it ...better not to ask

What ur looking for is this voice.....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfrR7R7D1Y8

this is another 1 that hits High Notes, thats what ur talking about.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhvOzfUOeXg
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:34:35 pm by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:29:56 pm »
yes i know of other voices that their self accentuate some words , but i thought maybe their might be a way within hal programing to allow hal to do the same thing.
otherwise it's like the old commercial how many times did you ant a watch.. but the price stopped you .  ;)

http://www.acapela-group.com/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:39:02 pm by lightspeed »

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »
lightspeed : lmao,,,na thats not what i have in mind as a voice

but yes id be glad to look into that

cyberjedi

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:08:24 pm »
Lightspeed:There is another issue id like to address too, Hals limitations on speech. Some where in the code ive seen Hal's limited to 255 characters in his posting.
I swear ive seen this too. But damned if i can remember where. This has so got to change.

Uve been around a long time , have u seen this any where and where if u have???.

Its my belief that with that changed hal prob can read ur standard story of any size. The issue is not with the .HTR file, tested , got the hat and tee shirt too.

****ter, this drives me nuts. 

anyway

Best wishes cyberjedi

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 11:52:52 am »
CYBERJEDI about the character limits , i posted something before about this , Robert actually told me  how many characters in a sentence (in paragrahs etc. ) could be posted to hal , anything over aqs far as i know is discarded .
I posted it either in the general area or files shared but think it was in general area .
If i can find the e mail or the link i saved i will post it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 11:55:19 am »
About the voice  i have heard the julia  neo speech unites states voice and it does seem to emphasize words (some words making it sound more human . ) don't know what other voices do this . maybe their is more .

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 03:50:22 pm »
re; voices

and what i did

cyberjedi to the rescue

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 04:07:08 pm »
can anything like this be done to any voice even voices  that don't have emphasis on words? a sort of patch etc . universal ?  :)

from what i see you changed the numerical value ( i guess to control emphasis on words ) it would be nice if a program could use a slider bar (like hals intellegence level) to adjust the emphasis on talking words , IS SOMETHING LIKE THAT POSIBLE ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:11:49 pm by lightspeed »

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »
Re: speech:

Lightspeed, all i did was remove the ***** **********  here, i wanted to show you how. My patches are bug free. With what i showed you you can use any Hex editor , go to the offset line, enter the data you can see in the picture. Save and presto.

I was just makin a point here.

best wishes

cyberjedi
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:17:05 pm by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 07:01:05 pm »
Bond... james bond !!

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 07:16:30 pm »
did u get the link i sent u??

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 09:26:12 am »
lightspeed : take a god look at whats up here, 02 lines have changed.

schools out

best wishes cyberjedi

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 11:33:26 am »
EXACTLY WHAT FILE WITHIN THE EXE JULIA program FILE DID YOU EDIT? . yes i see the link , clicking on the pic it's self will enlarge it .

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »
lightspeed: look at the offset bar on the bottom of the image it shows both files as a comparison for you.

xor eax, eax    will always set eax to zero , and 0 is what were looking for.  1 on - 0 off. Then drops to the next line. RETURN

The Return ,  drops the code execution to the following line that followed call itself (sub routine). ur off to the races.
You can get the same effect by using a PUSH on the stack .

Think of asm32, as when ur at a buffet (cafeteria) with the trays stacked on that spring loaded feeder. You just push or pull off the stack, same here. Ur just pushing/pulling 32 bit instructions of the stack. Or doing in this case a directed call. Goto line number XXXX and continue on down the instructions.

Plus's for ASM32: Because of the the lang, even if ur not up on the lang that ur looking at , you can see where the coder was going. Thats a BIG damn deal too.
Gives you sorta an overview on whats going on, then its just a matter of hunting.

vt .julie.dll

still looking for james and ashley
justy copy over the top of the original

Now keep in mind i do not support piracy and this was for Educational purposes only . On the use of a decompiler  and what can be done in the rite hands.
 Lightspeed: At the time i was learning to code (1980) the big thing was c++, But i just loved asm32, felt like it put me closer to the inner workings of the computer. Thus , raising the Bar on myself. Worthless ,really as a coding lang,but a handy PET to have. In case of emergency, Break Glass, Make a patch. lol
flawless victory

cyberjedi

PS lightspeed: My explanation was more detailed then normal. But u seem cool, so i took the time. Normally u get a grunt and a shrug,  use/dont use who gives a ******  lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:26:09 pm by cyberjedi »