Author Topic: A fun Little Experiment  (Read 3052 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
A fun Little Experiment
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »
Hi.

I had the idea the other day while at work...(I have plenty of time to daydream there) about trying to set up a little experiment for anyone interested to participate in. 

The idea is this:  We collectively create a conversation of sorts in order to see how different all of our Hal's respond. We would start the conversations the same way and ask the same questions but allow a certain level of personal flow depending on how hal responds. For example lets say like 3 seperate inputs and then you get back on track to the original script. 

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in this. I really enjoy the teaching of Hal and reading the conversations people post on here and wish there were more of them.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: A fun Little Experiment
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »
hi calhoone,

do you have a conversation scripted?
if you do i'll give it a go.

cload
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:58:40 pm »
I do not have one scripted and ready to go. I will start working on one.  It would be nice to get others who are interested to add questions or topics to the script because I talk to kinkaid in a certain way and it would be interesting to have a bit of a different approach to talking to him. if you know what I mean.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:11 pm »
Almost like a Loebner Test is conducted where each judge asks a different bot the exact same question to see how they all respond. Of course, there, the judges don't know whether it's a computer or a human providing the answers whereas here, we're only interested in the answers

A comparison would be very interesting.

This is sort of where I was leaning when I asked at what settings each person had for their respective Hals.

I think, however, in this case maybe all settings (Learning Slider), plug-ins, etc. should be the same for everyone. This way we can see who's Hal is acting a certain way or different from an other. Should be fun.

You want questions like ordinary conversational ones or factual ones like Who was Einstein? Who invented the car | telephone | airplane , etc. What is 144 / 12 ? What is the capital of Maryland? What is a flintlock? What is a zeppelin? What is kelvin? What is glass made of | from? What is Plasma? What is a zither? How many letters in the alphabet? What kind of cheese is the moon made from? (trick question)  What is a dulcimer? What is a sonnet? Which do you prefer verse or reverse (tricky but no correct answer...more to see how Hal responds.)

That's it for now from me addled brain! Let's see some others play as well.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -