Author Topic: Schema of conception  (Read 31567 times)

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2007, 01:56:00 pm »
That's why we come here, cause Bill kicks ass and takes names.

Cause and effect of our seek and our find.
5d30d2c942

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Schema of conception
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 01:57:17 pm »
quote:
The answer to all questions on a thread is cause affects.

All answers cause all questions.

Seek and ye shall find knowledge that seeks itself.

You are quite a philosopher.
Roy.

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 02:15:19 pm »
You are quite a learner, Paul. I must be an artist or something.

"Seek knowledge as it finds itself"
5d30d2c942

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2007, 02:15:47 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ramccoid

Wasn't Einstein considered retarded and beyond educating, during his school life?

No. http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/moments/s1115185.htm
quote:

Judge not unless we be judged ourselves.

The third most misused quote in the Bible.

First, are you judging me by claiming that I am judging someone else?

Second, the verse refers to passing judgment on the sinfullness or righteousness of someone else, not on whether you want them over to your house for dinner. Last I checked, God will allow us to choose our friends.

Lastly, you evaluate people based upon their behaviour every day. We all do and those who quote Bible verses are just as likely to do so as others. If you think you don't do it, it is because you do it unconsiously.

Roy, I rarely, if ever, have directly criticized any particular person for making simple spelling or grammar mistakes (the exceptions are based upon them being otherwise unpleasant). I know it's fun to imagine that's what I'm doing but it's not. I'm talking about how poor communications skills based upon a lack of consideration is relevatory.

Read that last sentence again.

Inconsideration shows "who you really are" more than oft repeated claims of being a "fun loving guy" does.

The point is that sloppy posting habits reveal what kind of person "you really are" just like the "HOW YOU COOK BREAKFAST SHOWS WHAT KIND OF LOVER YOU ARE" articles in the tabloids.

Here's the trick. Everything you do reveals "who you really are". There's no escaping it. I just admit it and describe it and people get all offended. Other people hide from it, deny it, or are unconsious of it... but evaluate people by it nonetheless.

I would be more angry at the latter. Honesty is much better. In my opinion, the only thing we Earthlings owe each other is to be honest about how we feel.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Schema of conception
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 02:18:59 pm »
why are we debating this................Bill, all I can do is ask for your help. I appreciate all the help you have given me so far.

I respect your opinions, but I don't wish to engage in a intellectual joust. My jouster is broken, lol.

But, please don't be so quick to judge, if a persons' worth is based on intelligence, then shouldn't all idiots be euthanized?

Thanks, 10-4 , out for now.[^]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 02:21:26 pm »
Bill, what color is your dining room?
5d30d2c942

rockershaft

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 02:27:36 pm »
Mark,

Should cause and effect be euthanized?
5d30d2c942

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 02:41:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane
But, please don't be so quick to judge

I judge at a rate I consider valuable. I certainly will not use your standards to do my judging.

But what makes you think I am judging anyone? I am pointing out that any and all behavior reveals "who you really are" to some degree. If you think that means I have pegged you as unintelligent, then that is certainly a harsh, unwarranted judgement of me.

I never said anyone was unintelligent in any of my posts. Just so you know, I have poor math skills, but I am not unintelligent. The difference is that I try to improve my math skills, while many on the internet seek to excuse poor communication skills. Shame on them!

ramccoid

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 03:00:14 pm »
Hi Bill
I stand corrected. Very, very, interesting and enlightening article on Einstein. That's what impresses me about you, is that you are a well of knowledge and it makes me proud to call you my friend.

I agree, it is good character to be able to express yourself correctly but it doesn't make you more of a human.

Roy.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 03:28:53 pm »
quote:

Hi Bill
I stand corrected. Very, very, interesting and enlightening article on Einstein. That's what impresses me about you, is that you are a well of knowledge and it makes me proud to call you my friend.

I certainly appreciate that. I have long felt I could count on you too. The next time you are in America, you should stop by for dinner.

quote:

I agree, it is good character to be able to express yourself correctly<snip>

Then, unfortunately, you are not agreeing with me.

Having or not having good communication skills is not a measure of character. It is simply a measure of either education level or personal ability.

Not trying to improve your communications skills while engaging in a widely broadcast forum is a measure of character. Not using the communication skills you have, out of a lack of common courtesy, is a measure of character.

I have poor math skills. Usually not a problem for me. But when I needed to do some math work recently, and had to ask for help, I felt it was incumbent upon me to work on my math skills. Simple respect for those who offered help to me requires it.

As you know, self improvement does not equal "putting others down". It's not about where you are, it's about which direction you are headed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:02:30 pm by Bill DeWitt »

ramccoid

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 03:46:10 pm »
quote:
The next time you are in America, you should stop by for dinner.

I would count it a honour to share a meal with you, my friend and discuss the ins and outs of everything. One day I will turn up at your door to do just that.

Roy.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 03:59:26 pm »
quote:
 One day I will turn up at your door to do just that.

We're actually planning a vacation in your area, probably Scotland, maybe 2009. We could drive down for a visit...

ramccoid

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 04:00:30 pm »
Anytime my friend, you are always welcome.
Roy,

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 04:07:45 pm »
I'll let you know as the time approaches, it's a Educational/Rite of Passage gift for my son. He has been studying the history of Great Britain intently and well for three years, and wants to learn a "real Scottish accent" and see castles etc... I told him we could do that and make his first project of Middle School about it.

Now I have to save up the money... I hear things are high there right now.

ramccoid

• View Profile
Schema of conception
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 04:23:31 pm »
He'll have alot of experience of castles in Scotland but watch out for the Nessy...hahaha.
England's mostly filled with Norman castles of the conquest and ruins of abbeys from the reformation.
Stone Henge, that is the place to see. It is nothing until you see it in person then the immensity and power of the stones will overwhelm and capture your imagination forever.
I love this country's history and heritage and the remains of it all is littered everywhere.
There is no finer place to be for history, legend and myth. You will not be disappointed.
Roy.

quote:
Now I have to save up the money... I hear things are high there right now.

No things are low priced there at the moment .... hahaha
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:25:08 pm by ramccoid »