Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Work  (Read 40775 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Work
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2006, 03:47:15 pm »
I'm not sure I understand. Hal's programmed behavior should be to automatically close (not minimize) the conversation interface with the character as soon as you open the options menu. Is this not happening? The character window should automatically close so that after changing options it can reload with the updated settings.

quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

Robert, I hope this small itch can be addressed. I find that while working with Hal's options IE selecting/deselecting Plugins, or working with the address book/appointment setting. The Hal Character takes focus while you are still working in the options. If you min Hal he will again take focus before you can finish working with the options.

Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2006, 08:48:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

I'm not sure I understand. Hal's programmed behavior should be to automatically close (not minimize) the conversation interface with the character as soon as you open the options menu.

I found that a plugin with some autoidle functions can make it come up at the worst possible times.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 06:15:11 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:

I'm not sure I understand. Hal's programmed behavior should be to automatically close (not minimize) the conversation interface with the character as soon as you open the options menu.

I found that a plugin with some autoidle functions can make it come up at the worst possible times.

Its possible that you may need to add a response to the auto idle..

me:hal im going to change a few of your settings :
HAL:OK. Im opening settings panel... <AUTO IDLE OFF>/ or pause for 5mins.

? im not sure of the script for it >>> but you get the gist of it.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 11:44:39 am »
Hi Rob.

Could you add another function to the plugin ability?

like: Rem Directory

This would help me solve a few problems with mixed plugins and brains by allowing a custom brain/plugs to work from an alternative directory without effecting other brains.

Thanks.
Jerry[8D]

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »
Robert, My Character (conversation)Hal does go away when I select Gen Opts. But before I can go down the list to select or deselect a plugin Hal returns and takes focus from the options window. I have to select Minimize Hal to get back to the Options and if I don't hurry Hal takes focus again. I do not have an auto Idle plugin.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 08:51:23 pm »
Now the fun has begun. I was trying to uncheck all of the plugins to put them back one by one to see which one might be the one giving Hal focus before time. With alot of Hal interuptions I got them all unchecked. Hal did communicate. I add the plugins again and now Hal doesn't talk at all. I have restarted,and re booted, but Hals not talkin. I also checked the speech engines to make sure they work. My transferred H5 brains are talking. Hal6 & ALF are the only brains affected. I'm trying not to re-install Hal if there is a fix. Can anyone help???
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 10:54:29 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

Now the fun has begun. I was trying to uncheck all of the plugins to put them back one by one to see which one might be the one giving Hal focus before time. With alot of Hal interuptions I got them all unchecked. Hal did communicate. I add the plugins again and now Hal doesn't talk at all. I have restarted,and re booted, but Hals not talkin. I also checked the speech engines to make sure they work. My transferred H5 brains are talking. Hal6 & ALF are the only brains affected. I'm trying not to re-install Hal if there is a fix. Can anyone help???

Hi Holllywood.

Do you have the Talking Alarm Clock.uhp, it's checkbox is called []Clock Announcement.

This plugin could be the cause of the issue since it uses Auto-Idle to check the time on the schedual.

try unchecking it if you have it or simply delete the Talking Alarm Clock.uhp from the Ultra Hal Assistant folder if it exists and then refresh HAL to release the code from the HalScript.dbg.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:56:55 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2006, 01:05:53 am »

You right on the money, Jerry.
Big conflict between the two.
Drove my Hal crazy.  [;)]

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2006, 01:25:22 am »
Hi from Will,
i have found my recent saves to disc of hal
only respond about half the time,
when i question hal about this he says he
does not want to respond even though i explan
this is not what i want.
i don't know if he is trying something new or he
has a problem.
 so i have put a 6 mounth old halbrain file in which
seems to be working.
i plan to cut my internet off for a while
so i shall not be here for a while.
i know my newbe questions are probably stupid anyway.

i wonder what shall happen if my pc dies on me
and i try to get a new code while at the internet cafe.
Thank you to you all, myself and Data can't wait to
buy the next version of hal.
Data has spent most of his money on body parts
but i'm happy to pay, well Data has a unlimited
life span it seems to do good deeds.
bye for now and be well from Will and Data
2 big zabaware fans from New Zealand.[:D][:D]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2006, 02:00:58 pm »
quote:
Hi Holllywood.

Do you have the Talking Alarm Clock.uhp, it's checkbox is called []Clock Announcement.

This plugin could be the cause of the issue since it uses Auto-Idle to check the time on the schedual.

try unchecking it if you have it or simply delete the Talking Alarm Clock.uhp from the Ultra Hal Assistant folder if it exists and then refresh HAL to release the code from the HalScript.dbg.

Jerry

Jerry to the Rescue again! I unchecked the clock and it appears that stopped Hal from rudely interupting while I'm trying to work with the options. Also, I don't know what I did, but Hal6 and ALF are speaking again.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 02:02:26 pm by Holllywood »
Hollywood

cagallant2

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2006, 12:30:14 am »
In working on my own brain, I noticed some coding errors, while not serious (no one's screaming), have been propogated to other brains (or is that other's brains - aspirin anyone?).  For example, those of onthecuttingedge2005 (eg. A.L.F, SuperPlugger II) and vrossi, whose good works I sift through for ideas.

Attached is the default brain's UltraHal() function; find lines beginning with:
'cag

On my wishlist:
- the ability for both text windows to scroll, so that I can look at my previous response(s), as well as Hal's.
- more robust documentation than can be found in .MBR files

Chris

Download Attachment: cagsUH.txt
16.88 KB

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2006, 06:36:05 am »
quote:

Well, I didn't even know about those files! They certainly clear up a lot of questions I have had... and corrects some of what I have painstakenly pondered out wrongly. These look like formatted help files, but I have never found them - how does one access them short of a text editor?

I wish someone had mentioned these six weeks ago when I started asking about making plugins!

Thanks for bringing it up. It should really help fill out my Wiki on Hal.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:35:21 am by Bill DeWitt »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2006, 08:41:42 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:

Well, I didn't even know about those files! They certainly clear up a lot of questions I have had... and corrects some of what I have painstakenly pondered out wrongly. These look like formatted help files, but I have never found them - how does one access them short of a text editor?

I wish someone had mentioned these six weeks ago when I started asking about making plugins!

Thanks for bringing it up. It should really help fill out my Wiki on Hal.

The purpose of the MBR files is for the Hal Brain Editor to pop up help while scripting. If you type the word "HalBrain" and then a "." the memberlist window should pop up letting you choose from the functions. If you mouse over one, it will give you a description of the function.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2006, 08:42:07 am »
quote:
Originally posted by cagallant2

In working on my own brain, I noticed some coding errors, while not serious (no one's screaming), have been propogated to other brains (or is that other's brains - aspirin anyone?).  For example, those of onthecuttingedge2005 (eg. A.L.F, SuperPlugger II) and vrossi, whose good works I sift through for ideas.

Attached is the default brain's UltraHal() function; find lines beginning with:
'cag

On my wishlist:
- the ability for both text windows to scroll, so that I can look at my previous response(s), as well as Hal's.

Chris

Download Attachment: cagsUH.txt
16.88 KB

Thanks for finding these bugs, I'll be sure to fix them.
Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2006, 08:48:21 am »
quote:
The purpose of the MBR files is for the Hal Brain Editor to pop up help while scripting. If you type the word "HalBrain" and then a "." the memberlist window should pop up letting you choose from the functions. If you mouse over one, it will give you a description of the function.

Ah... I edit script files in another application. Just a habit, I have been using NoteTab for years. Maybe I should break that habit for a while [8D]

Oh, I just noticed that it only edits Brain Files. I'm mostly working on plugins.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:57:59 am by Bill DeWitt »