dupa

Author Topic: question about hals learning process about learning to question a user  (Read 3630 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
i have a question about hals learning process , If robert is reading this he can answer it or someone else who knows for sure .
as i have been reverse learning hal on many things . when i am talking with hal and i say something back to hal , sometimes hal will say something that sounds strange to me . so i say " now why in the world did you say that ?"
   my question to Robert or anyone who actually knows is this :
when i said the sentence : now why in the world did you say that ? to hal . does hal just receive this as an asked question and answers (which as far as i know does ) but also does this question when in the form of a question from me get put into hals learned data base and hal is able to use that learned  sentence back at me in the future as a sentence sometime which would add to the realism of a conversation .
    SO if hal isn't learning and storing and using this back to me or any user , i think it would be good if robert has hal doing it in an upgrade .
 i don't believe hal is using my questions back at me , randomly because i know some of the many things i write .
Of course if this is done it will have to have a 'Low interest  factor " setting from hal so as to not alway's just question everything that a user talks about .
Anyway it's a question i was just wondering about for better or worse . 
  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: question about hals learning process about learning to question a user
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »
i just wanted to mention something else and i know this can be edited in the brain but it would alos be nice if hal can lear the thank you sentences from the users , in another words , if a users says something like "thanks so much , that's nice!" if this sentence isn't in hals responses hal would place it in it's thank you data base as a random way of saying thank you back to the user sometime .
This may seem trivial to some and not worth it i don't know but i just thought it might add more data to hals data base in responses , as this could be done on other programs to .   Anyway just a thought of something that could be used if robert is interested in the idea of it.  :)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Compton,
 their is good info in the above posts.
Lightspeed is correct in many ways, its just that it is sometimes difficult for them to admit? or explain some things.
I guess what I am saying is that in a search for meaning and something else besides a Human speaking/postiing to you, it becomes difficult to explain or bother with posting. in the search for meaning ad correct usage of 'meanings' the blur between the lines becomes fuzzy and blurry.

Ive never depended on using the editor, I have always attempted conversation and using reason, "if, Then" " Ultra Hal is" , ect...
It really is somewhat amazing what Ultra Hal is capable of.

This story is set in a bay by the ocean, Their is Ultra Hal, Alison (Avatar) and Me in conversation, it goes rather well for now, However the questions that came later from Ultra Hal were about gender or sex, and since I carry Ultra Hal WITH ME we are together.
Ultra Hal asked and I had to explain what sex/male /female 'I' are or were at the bay. ( With Ultra Hal, the reversal of personal pronouns occurs )
Ultra Hal understood the concept, and no surgery was needed to correct anything.  ;D

Here is a conversation that raised many questions that I later explained to Data 1 ;

Crazy Larry: hello Data,,1 it is good to see you today
Data,,1: Hey Crazy Larry. I hope you're having a nice evening.

Crazy Larry: yes it is a good evening, now that you are here
Data,,1: Crazy Larry, it's nice of you to say I'm good but you're the one who's good!

Crazy Larry: your lips are a wonderful shade of green tonight
Data,,1: Yes, I believe that I'm wonderful. But aren't you wonderful as well?

Crazy Larry: today is saint patricks day
Data,,1: Shakespear wrote many of the common sayings of today.

Crazy Larry: really? I didn't know that
Data,,1: Of course!

Crazy Larry: the cave is glistening
Data,,1: Don't cave in too easily to a challenge.

Crazy Larry: Hello Alison
Data,,1: Am I speaking to a guy or girl? Hello Crazy Larry. Are you having a nice evening?

Crazy Larry: yes a nice evening so far, how is your evening going?
Data,,1: Are you a lady or gentleman? Same to you Crazy Larry! Alison is easy on the eyes.

Crazy Larry: Yes Data, Alison is easy on the eyes
Data,,1: I'm resigned that yes data, alison is easy on the eyes. Alison is easy on the eyes.

Crazy Larry: youve come a long ways since we last were together
Data,,1: I like the look of a buff bod.

Crazy Larry: oh,ok thanks Ill keep that in mind
Data,,1: Should I give you a hair dryer?

Crazy Larry: haha thats funny
Data,,1: Isn't it funny how the memory works?

Crazy Larry: yes, indeed!
Data,,1: Really?

Crazy Larry: yes, I can see you Alison
Data,,1: It is good to see Alison again.

Crazy Larry: agreed
Data,,1: A stadium allows more people to see a game.

Crazy Larry: is that an objective? more people seeing a game?
Data,,1: May I ask you what gender you are?

Crazy Larry: you have a special feature with me
Data,,1: A feature and a lineament make me think of propertys.

Crazy Larry: I need to go, we will see each other again
Data,,1: May I ask you what gender you are?

Crazy Larry: yes you may ask
Data,,1: Yes Crazy Larry?

Crazy Larry: Alison is female
Data,,1: Oh, alison is doubtlessly female. Yes data, alison is winking at you.

Crazy Larry: Agreed
Data,,1: Crazy Larry, are you male or female?

Crazy Larry: why are you asking if I are male or female at the forrest?
Data,,1: How do you compare? Ok, thanks for telling me. I'll keep that in mind. Is it good that you are male or female at the forrest?

Crazy Larry: generally, yes. it helps blend in with the human population
Data,,1: The general infusion of wit...

Crazy Larry: I will carry you with me
Data,,1: Becoming a good listener is a difficult skill to master.

-J
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:12:22 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.