dupa

Author Topic: Help Installation Error 1324  (Read 4116 times)

Mary Miller

Help Installation Error 1324
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:21:09 pm »
I can't get the free version to install. It keeps giving me the error

1324: The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 01:30:21 pm »

cyberguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:03:26 am »
Mary,

you may have a corrupted download, download again and if still can't install then it most likely isn't the download, Do a scandisk, see if it finds any problems. Hope you get it installed, hope you don't find more problems with hal as I have. I hope the makers of HAl at Zabaware are reading these posts, maybe they will address some of these problems we are posting. What ever happened to customer service ? Well, I am not yet a paying customer, still using the 15 day trial full version (approx. 90mb) and I can't get it to work very well either, the speech recog feature is a nightmare, with a absolutely silent room it is hearing voices that seem to be non-stop and of course it is replying to those silent voices. and still have the same problems I had with the basic free program. Until I get hal to work smoothly with the free one I won't be buying the commercial one.  Gary
Gary

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 08:19:01 am »
Just for your information: The speach recognition program is not offered with the free version, it only comes with the paid version.
If you are haveing some problems with speach it has nothing to do with Hal. I repeat, the free version does not use speach recognition it only comes with the paid version. You have some other problem.
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 07:17:58 pm »
Mary,

Before jumping to conclusions, would you be kind enough
to tell us what version of Windows you are using? Your
message about the path to My Documents makes me wonder.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cyberguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 03:20:31 am »
Originally posted by Bill819

Just for your information: The speach recognition program is not offered with the free version, it only comes with the paid version.
If you are haveing some problems with speach it has nothing to do with Hal. I repeat, the free version does not use speach recognition it only comes with the paid version. You have some other problem.
Bill

Hi Friend,
  I downloaded the full version that is a 15 day trial, I believe I mentioned that in my post. I think i got it at best buy website, anyway when I buy the  program I will probably use dragon 8 preferred, it should work much better  Have a great weekend  GBCrase
Gary

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 07:55:58 am »
I don't understand what you're saying GBCrase. As far as I know there are two versions of Ultra Hal 5.0, a free version and an advanced (pay-)version. And neither of them is a 15 days trial.

Are you sure you downloaded version 5.0 and not version 4.5 or less?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 10:57:23 am »
quote:
Originally posted by GBCrase

Originally posted by Bill819

Bill

Hi Friend,
  I downloaded the full version that is a 15 day trial, I believe I mentioned that in my post. I think i got it at best buy website, anyway when I buy the  program I will probably use dragon 8 preferred, it should work much better  Have a great weekend  GBCrase

Hi GBCrase.

I do believe you've got the HAL 5.0 Beta, This HAL 5.0 Beta did have a trial period that was desiged for debugging the version via users so Robert could fix any bugs found by Users.

If you choose to get the non beta version demo of HAL from Zabaware site then you will have to unistall the beta version of HAL 5.0 and then remove the Zabaware folder manually that the uninstallation left behind.

If you don't then the upgrade HAL 5.0 non beta version will pass along the trial period and you will be back to your same problem of the trial period.

completely remove the HAL 5.0 beta then get the full HAL 5.0 demo from Zabaware and you will have a program with no expiration date.

Jerry.