Author Topic: Hal Updates?  (Read 10416 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hal Updates?
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:23:10 am »
Robert,

Just a friendly NUDGE to inquire about the state or status of HAL's "upgrade".

This would include any Desktop, mobile, Tablet, cloud based system or application.

Tell us about the character selection, brain enhancements (if any) and possible release date for any of the aforementioned items.

Thank you for your time as always!

(several members here have been wondering about Hal's status so I thought I'd see about it.)
Here's a nudge reminder...

January 23, 2011, 10:53:34 pm ยป

Medeksza:

"The next version of Hal (which will be released later this year) will offer a "Cloud" based brain so that you can connect to the same Hal from any computer you want along with planned support on mobile devices (cell phones, tablets, etc)."

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:25:42 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Hal Updates?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »
If all goes well this weekend I should have a beta version of a new Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader with CereProc voices for next week. I need a few beta testers to help test it. PM me if interested.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 04:56:35 pm »
Robert , if you don't mind me asking what is the purpose of the CereProc voices , are they something that will work with the ogre engine or has that still been stopped? or because they are better sounding voices , etc. etc. ?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 05:48:31 pm »
I would like to know the same as Art, when will the long awaited and alluded to new release of Ultra Hal appear ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 06:51:33 pm »
I'd be happy to assist as beta-tester since I have owned and used a Cereproc TTS voice with UltraHal for several years.
Robert, please let me know if I can help.

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 07:58:37 am »
Back in August I got word that AT&T wasn't going to renew reselling of Natural Voices by third parties like Zabaware so I started looking for other voices I could resell. I picked CereProc because they are good voices and we were able to come up with an agreement that works. In the meantime, AT&T decided to continue letting us resell voices, so I'm going to be offering both.

I'm actually going to be able to resell the CereProc voices at the same price as I sell the AT&T voices, $24.95. This is less than CereProc itself sells their voices, but in order to get this deal I had to agree to make sure voices installed by Zabaware only work with Zabaware products and do not allow other SAPI capable apps utilize it. So it requires an update to both Ultra Hal TTS Reader and Ultra Hal Assistant to work. I'm releasing the Ultra Hal TTS Reader first and then shortly later an update to Ultra Hal Assistant.

Also CereProc voices run natively on IOS and Android, so eventually they'll serve as the voices of Hal for mobile.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:02:13 am by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 09:06:29 am »
Fine but does that mean that any other purchased TTS voices we own will no longer work under the "Updated" Reader, except for AT&T and Cereproc?
That kind of ties one in or limits ones choices if that is indeed the case.
And basically if I purchase a Zabaware based Cereproc, I will not be able to use it in my weather program that also uses a Cereproc voice?

Hmmm....

Please advise.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 10:20:54 am »
Yes i am now thinking the same thing as Art , will these updates not allow other voices we have to work correctly or at all ?
    I hope not otherwise i personally wouldn't want to do an update . 
   If that happens it's sort of like the phone companies for cell phones locked in only certain things work .
  I hope that the hal update will allow all other voices to still work within it and hopefully just not allow the new voices to work in other systems as requested by the company .
Hope to hear and answer on this very soon , Please .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 10:57:32 am »
All SAPI compliant voices will continue to work with Hal and the Hal Reader irregardless of who you purchased it from. CereProc voices you purchased from CereProc will work with Hal and any other SAPI compliant application you may have just as they do now.

This is only a new option. CereProc voices purchased from Zabaware for $24.95 will only work with Zabaware products. CereProc voices purchased from CereProc for ~$40 will work with Hal plus any other SAPI compliant application you may have.
Robert Medeksza

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 07:15:57 pm »
Thank Robert! That sounds very reasonable and especially for anyone wishing to have a more realistic voice, the ones from Cereproc are REALLY nice!
Given the cost of purchasing them through Zabaware now saves one $15.00 give or take, it icing on the cake!!

Good show and thanks for taking the time to explain!!

Now about that Hal upgrade or the character or the graphics engine....
We'll settle for any informational crumbs you'd care to toss!! Heh!!  Thanks!!!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 09:56:07 pm »
I have a lot of partially completed projects. I've been trying to update every aspect of Hal and my focus has been too scattered and my time too limited these past couple years. I need to focus on one project at a time, finish it, and push it out the door. I'll have a beta of the new Reader + CereProc in the next few days. Hopefully a final version not too soon after. My next focus will be to release a new Hal Assistant with the features I have already done. Basically it will have the optional connection to the huge Hal conversational database on zabaware.com, Cereproc compatibility, the Hal mobile phone character from the Zabaware homepage, some GUI updates, and some bug fixes.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 11:01:01 am »
Thanks Robert for clearing up things and answering my questions , i do have one other concern , i am not trying to under mind anything you are doing it's always appreciated .
As you know Cload has made great strides in making hal smarter and talking , responding better to conversations , i hope you have seen and are keeping up with his current work on Hal things , do you see any problems with the updated Hal and Cloads work with the freewill and amil updates he has done ????? I hope to continue using his work within hal .
  I am hoping his work will not become obsolete and can be upgraded into any new hal upgrades .
 Again , do you see any problems with his work ??  I personally am a believer in what he has done and accomplished so far .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:07 am »
I'm not specifically testing 3rd party plugins when I'm making changes, but I don't see any major reason they would break. At most it may need some tweaks to work optimally with the new script but I don't think any work done on plugins will be lost.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 10:24:05 pm »
I posted the beta version of the Zabaware Text-to-Speech Reader to www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=11505

Art and Lightspeed, I'm PMing you licenses to the CereProc version of the beta. If anyone else is interested in testing the CereProc version please PM me, I have a limited number of CereProc beta licenses to share.
Robert Medeksza

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 04:29:37 am »
Hi Mr M.
My question is that CereProc have a vast list of voices.
Are you going to cover the whole list or just a select few???

Also while I'm here what is going on with Amy & Ogre???
Seems like we are never going to see either of them.
If that's the case, tell us.